Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2015, 10:38 AM   #11

Sorry your having those issues. Yours are much worse than ours and I do hope Jayco stands behind their product and reimburses you over all of this. Nothing worse than having something so nice and expensive and things not working properly and not being able to use it either. Best Wishes To You.

2JayBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #12

Ours has been at the Dealer in Middlebury for 3 weeks. Took it in for some minor issues plus the safety recall for the door keypad. Early season said they would jump right on it and get it done. Looked like maybe 1 day worth of work but lets say 3 days. 3 weeks..3 weeks.Was told waiting for parts. I finally called the factory rep that took us on the factory tour after 2 weeks and the dealer had the parts the next morning. Calling monday to see if it's completed. Did I mention the dealer is 2.5 miles from the factory?

Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #13

Is yours a Seneca, if so what year? We don't seen to be getting these recalls either from Jayco or Freightliner. Found out about a Freightliner recall on an engine noise here on the forum and got that took care of. Now I'm hearing about another one from them on here about a parking break issue, need to see if ours is under that recall. Had not heard about the Jayco recall on the key pad entry from Jayco till now. If needed we need to have them take care of that too while it is there. Sounds like Jayco is doing there job, just need to get their Dealers on board.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #14

i have a 29xk same problem, dealer will fix it but they have to cut floor and tighten screws jayco would pay for work, since it is only in 2 small places my wifes solution was to put a carpet over it and wait and see what happens, dealer says no matter how it was fixed the repair will show, again if i paid 200,000 for my motor home it had better be fixed with a new floor, again all motorhomes have issues because of the movement and shifting on highway especially cabinets and seats
walkingeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #15

Yes, see my Sig line? 2014 37FS. It's going to Hill's truck sales in Elkhart on the way home for the parking brake recall. My selling Dealer did not know about the keypad recall. I got notifications in the mail from Jayco and Freightliner.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #16

OK, I missed that. LOL

Then why are we not getting those notifications? Is there something our selling dealer forgot to do? Or is it something that we need to do? We are not getting anything from Dealer, Jayco or Freightliner. Getting all our info by word of mouth here on this forum. If I had not joined would be clueless to all of it.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #17

Yeah, those Senecas are too much $$$ to be having those kind of QC issues!! If I was able, would rather just take them back to Jayco as well.

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #18

Well, 3 weeks and still waiting. They need the front TV (bad speaker) and the lighted satellite switch. Tried calling Jayco motorized and no answer. We have a trip planned and sites booked so gonna pick the unit up unfinished. Have to bring it back to finish. 8hrs of driving and fuel flushed.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #19

Thumbs down

Our's was supposed to go back to Indiana (from California) for repairs the end of April. The repairs have been scheduled since last fall as I have been assured the unit will only be there for 10 days. After the realization that the Seneca will most likely sit untouched for weeks/months I have rescheduled for fall rather than getting excuses and not having use over the summer. The last dealer to work on our Seneca had it for 3 months (last summer) and did such a lousy job Jayco wants it back in Indiana! Very frustrating to say the least.
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:09 PM   #20

Sorry to hear this. But on the positive side hoping that they do get you finished and back on the road. When our selling dealer is down with worked promised at sale to our satisfactio we plan on using one of two places near by that sell and work on Jayco products. If we are satisfied with any work they do for us it will mean a lot less drive time as one is just 9 miles away and the other 15.