Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #41

AC unti shutting off while driving

Hello Just wanted to know if anyone on here is having any issues with their AC unit going off while driving, ours shows a code of 38 & 3 took into the generator shop, they ran it for 6hrs never shut off, drove around the parking lot, I told him he didn't hit enough bumps in the parking lot. We live in Oklahoma it's the orange barrel capital of the world. We have not even really used it, and I'm scared to get out in it. The AC ran all night just fine sitting, it's when it's moving that it shuts off for at least 1 1/2hrs before it will restart. Just wondering is anyone else having this issue. We have a 2015 Class C Seneca HJ
groy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:17 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
A few years later I bought a Japanese car and was told by the salesman, "You won't find anything wrong with the car, but just in case you do bring it to my attention and I'll make sure it gets taken care of right away." And he was right too, I didn't have a single issue with the car. The flood of high-quality Japanese cars was the wakeup call that Detroit needed...
We bought our first Toyota three years ago, a 2012 Tacoma. Its 36-month warranty ends on July 5th. We have not had one solitary item fixed under warranty. If only RVs were half that reliable. But I do recognize that none of the issues with our Greyhawk have involved the Ford chassis or drivetrain.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:24 PM   #43

While I agree with you, the comparison is tough. An RV is a bit more complicated than the average Toyota. Someone once summed it up well by describing a moving RV as being like subjecting your house to a hurricane and earthquake at the same time.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by anav8or View Post
While I agree with you, the comparison is tough. An RV is a bit more complicated than the average Toyota. Someone once summed it up well by describing a moving RV as being like subjecting your house to a hurricane and earthquake at the same time.
There's no question that RV's take a real pounding on rough roads... but by the same token, manufacturers owe it to their customers to design their product to withstand the conditions it will encounter.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #45

Call jayco.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #46

See my issues under 2018 Seneca column and another thread I started....

I'm still waiting for my 2016 which I purchased new last summer (July 2016) to be repaired to where I can use it. We documented 79 individual faults on delivery, and when it became unuseable only 11 sleeps later, we returned it to the dealership (August) as we couldn't use it. We didn't see it again (no refund, and in Canada no law to force it) until December of 2016, when the "repairs" were completed. We just picked it up from inside storage in April and the slide is still marking the floor. C'mon!!!!!! Documented 35 more issues that weren't repaired, completed, or repaired correctly last summer and fall. Sure hope the 2018 is better than the 2016's! Thanks Jayco...
Peachlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by groy1999 View Post
Hello Just wanted to know if anyone on here is having any issues with their AC unit going off while driving, ours shows a code of 38 & 3 took into the generator shop, they ran it for 6hrs never shut off, drove around the parking lot, I told him he didn't hit enough bumps in the parking lot. We live in Oklahoma it's the orange barrel capital of the world. We have not even really used it, and I'm scared to get out in it. The AC ran all night just fine sitting, it's when it's moving that it shuts off for at least 1 1/2hrs before it will restart. Just wondering is anyone else having this issue. We have a 2015 Class C Seneca HJ
We found out that the oil was not completely full, we filled up to the proper line and sure enough worked like a charm, we have since traded the unit in, way to noisy, he GM said it was one of the quietest units he had ever rode in, OMG at times it sounded like the back end was going to fall off, we also had problems with where the unit attached to the cab, rubbing paint off and constant movement while I understand it was suppose to allow for movement I seen way to much and screws kept falling out of unknown places we were not the least bit happy with our unit it was extremely nice had a lot of extra's and if it was just sitting not moving was excellent to stay in. Best Wishes to the new owners. Lesson learned the hard way and Camperland was really no help, just said it was a quite unit. Never Again !
Old 05-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #48

I agree !
Old 07-05-2021, 03:23 PM   #49

Purchased a 2021 Seneca last year, within weeks had a issue with a bubble in front of refrigerator raising up. Reported it to Jayco dealer and was advised could be a fastener coming up, flooring has started to spider in that area. If your issue is along the whole center, you may need to have the whole floor replaced, if multiple fasteners are rising.
RonBerk67 is offline   Reply With Quote