Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2015, 09:58 AM   #1

jayco seneca leveling system

I have a 2007 jayco seneca 35gs with a powergear semi auto system seens to work the way it supposed to but when i start up the truck it retracts the system and the panel flashes so i have to reset it by turning the key on then off then on am i doing something wrong thanks this is my second post
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #2

My Bigfoot system on my Greyhawk warning beeps sometime and I need to push the emergency retract sometimes I've chalked it up to just one off the legs creeps down a bit or just a glitch
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecampingcat View Post
My Bigfoot system on my Greyhawk warning beeps sometime and I need to push the emergency retract sometimes I've chalked it up to just one off the legs creeps down a bit or just a glitch
The Bigfoot alarm indicating a leveler that was not completely up has gone off on our Greyhawk, too. I called Bigfoot tech support and was told an easy remedy is to put a small rubber cap over the end of the limit switch where it makes contact with the raised leveler foot pad. He said I could likely use a small diameter vacuum line cap and said that would be easier than adjusting the limit switch itself.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:59 PM   #4

Our 2015 Seneca uses the Bigfoot system and it auto retracts if the vehicle is started. This is a safety feature designed to prevent the MH from being moved with the jacks extended. I have had our system lock up and I must R & R the inline fuse to reset it.
meyerjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #5

Interesting - on our 2015 Seneca, the jacks don't automatically retract when the engine is started. It beeps like crazy, but that's it. I have to turn the ignition off to use move the jacks at all.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #6

Did we ever get a firm answer on this? Do the leveling jacks on the 2015 Seneca go up automatically when the engine is started?
Howard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:03 AM   #7

Was told that was supposed to do that but I thought. That if you turn key to on that I icould lower them myself still. Confused
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #8

On my 2006 34SS, it does not automatically retract the jacks when the engine is started. In fact, the instructions indicate the engine should be started before retracting or extending, and the Park brake must be engaged. The auto retract might be a function in case the park brake is disengaged while the unit is up on the jacks???
Old 06-05-2016, 03:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by anav8or View Post
Interesting - on our 2015 Seneca, the jacks don't automatically retract when the engine is started. It beeps like crazy, but that's it. I have to turn the ignition off to use move the jacks at all.
Ours does it differently. With the Jacks down and the unit level - when I have the slides all pulled in and are ready to retract the Jacks - I start the Engine and let the Air Pressure build up for the Air Bags. When I start the Engine, the Jack Control Panel is in warning mode, but all it does is beep.

Once the air pressure warning has shut off, I will "Auto Retract" the jacks and let the Air Bag Suspension take over.
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #10

I have a 2005 Jayco Seneca 35gs with a Powergear semi auto system also. However, my jacks work a little different, parking brake must be set and the engine running or key turned to run to set the jacks. I can turn the key on or start the engine without retracting jacks, however as soon as I release the parking brake, the jacks retract.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:37 PM   #11

Our 2015 Seneca won't let the engine start with jacks down... just alarms like crazy.
crumgater is offline   Reply With Quote