Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #1

Jayco vs Jayco in regards to features and options

I am confused here on why Jayco does not put some features on some of their most expensive/top of the line...Seneca...models that you can get on their other models. Things like upgraded matresses, the MyRV (aka LINC or One Control) system, central vac, Fantastic fans with motorized vents, dishwasher, ceiling fans, upgraded house audio system (either soundbar for TV or subwoofer to add to built in house speakers), residential fridge, etc. It is almost like we get certain things standard, (that some people may not even want, like the Girard tankless), and the macerator system and what not, but we cant get any other options that would make it really stand out from other Super C's. I would understand if Jayco did not use these items at all, but everything I mentioned above is available in other Jayco models. I understand that the Seneca is already their most expensive coach, but it is one of the cheapest Super C's. I would think by adding these few options, they could raise the price a little and still stay under the competition's price, and at the same time, beat them when it comes to features and options.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:02 AM   #2

I would like Jayco to add aluminum floor decking including slides instead of wood to prevent rot also would like a solar system option in the 400-1000 watt range allowing extended dry camping in my Seneca.
jsimonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #3

My DP had a dryer, filter and tank drain lanyards.

Not trying to dis the C, TT and 5W owners but expectations are set by what you had before. My guess would be that Jayco views their target customers as gas C, TT, and 5W owners who travel for 2 weeks or less. Jayco class A's have to compete with other class A mfgers so Jayco has to keep up with the competition. No way do the features and accommodations of the Seneca match my former DP. My wife just wouldn't drive it and in an emergency that is important.

I also think that because of Jayco's lower price point Jayco feels that they are competing successfully against Dynamax and Renegade. When I bought I don't think the Renegade Verona was available.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #4

It also has to do with weight and space constraints.