Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #1

Jensen TV Search RF channels

I took my 2012 31FS out this week. Both TV's were working fine on my last trip using the antenna. My recent trip the Jensen TV in the main cab would not find any channels when I auto searched. However the RCA in bedroom search and found with no problem? Any suggestions on a fix or what is my issue. I have doubled checked all cables and selections on TV being on Air. I cannot figure it out! Thanks
Sadams11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #2

Did you check to see the status of the amplifier? There should be small black button where your TV plugs into the antenna and a small light which is either on or off. Make sure both match (either on or off) between the TV that works and the TV that doesn't.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #3

Yes. However there appears to only be one Behind the main TV (Jensen) and the light is on. There is nothing behind the bedroom TV. I have even tried turning the button on and off with same result!
Sadams11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #4

Make sure that when you do the auto search that you are searching the right connection. It could be searching for cable channels or over the air channels. Learned something new (at least for me this week) at one of the campgrounds we went to. If I wanted HD channels via cable, I had to turn off the antennae amplifier (that green light) and scan the air channels. Once I did that, we got high def tv. Strangely, the bedroom RCA would not pick up Fox which was read by the Jensen. (Maybe it doesn't like conservatives.)

Jim
Pocono1 is offline   Reply With Quote