Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #21

Since I'm the OP, I thought I'd add that I emailed them - and got an initial response on Day 2. I had a followup and that response was the next day.

The answer was short and - while not in-depth - it did point me in the right direction to fix my AC problem.

pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanandcollette View Post
You can call or email, just don't expect stellar customer service.
Obviously you never had direct contact with Jayco Customer Service and are just here to whine.

Whenever we called for support never had a problem and they bent over backwards to take care of us.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Do you guys have big or small issues? Ours are big, so maybe that's why our customer service is bad. I wish you luck!
And your problems were/are?

Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 08-10-2016, 10:20 PM   #24

The generator won't run the A/C when the coach is moving, so unless you are driving or in the passenger seat you are going to be very hot. Love the look of the new styled windows but you can't use them to cool the coach down on the road. We had to drive home from a trip in the middle of the night because it was 100 in the daytime. We took our rig in to 2 different Cummins and to our dealership service department 3 times for this problem. Still not fixed, and our service department literally said they give up. Dealing with Jayco directly now, they are slow to email and vague when they do respond. When I called, the customer service rep was not very forthcoming. When asked directly he said he hopes they will have it figured out in a few months. This is just one of our issues. So thank you Larry G. for taking the time to hear me whine.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Ryanandcollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:27 PM   #25

I have had a few problems and jayco customer service has been fantastic. They have sent me parts so I could fix things myself without asking to see or return the old parts. They have paid to have my water heater repaired while in a campground without any question. Great Service.
Djtommysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #26

Quote:
The generator won't run the A/C when the coach is moving, so unless you are driving or in the passenger seat you are going to be very hot. Love the look of the new styled windows but you can't use them to cool the coach down on the road. We had to drive home from a trip in the middle of the night because it was 100 in the daytime. We took our rig in to 2 different Cummins and to our dealership service department 3 times for this problem. Still not fixed, and our service department literally said they give up. Dealing with Jayco directly now, they are slow to email and vague when they do respond. When I called, the customer service rep was not very forthcoming. When asked directly he said he hopes they will have it figured out in a few months. This is just one of our issues. So thank you Larry G. for taking the time to hear me whine.
Not a problem...but it sounds like operator error as others don't see a problem...according to you.

Sorry I don't believe Jayco would blow you off as you indicated.

Other issues are?

Anyway good luck and glad you are just joining the Forums.

View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 08-10-2016, 10:55 PM   #27

Not operator error unfortunately, Cummins and our dealer both could replicate the situation, they just couldn't solve the problem. I'm not going to go through all of the other issues with you, as I don't believe you will have any useful suggestions for me.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Ryanandcollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:49 AM   #28

Have to disagree with Grumpy Jayco response is spotty at best. It depends on there mood for the day. I have been waiting for two weeks for an answer to an email. I'm hoping for a change in quality control and customer care now that Thor has acquired Jayco.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:25 AM   #29

My experience has been great. My unit isn't under warranty as I'm not the original purchaser, and each time I call or email Jayco, they respond with what I need. Sometimes they answer my questions and an a few occasions, they've emailed me different diagrams and prints for wiring and general construction of my unit (I like to add on and improve).
If you're a whiner and an opinionated individual, it may take a little longer to get results. When you speak to them use respect and if you tell them how they should do things, you may want to apply for their job.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco Hijacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, 51 Gallon Titan Midship tank.
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Not operator error unfortunately, Cummins and our dealer both could replicate the situation, they just couldn't solve the problem.
The way I see this, your biggest stumbling block is ONAN/CUMMINS. JAYCO buys the geny and start stop switch from them and installs it. If that is miswired the geny would never start. All control circuitry is internal to the geny when it is running (overload, over/under speed, low voltage output, off cycle, overtemp, low oil etc) causing it to shut down. If ONAN can't fix it or tell your dealer how to JAYCO won't know either.

I equate it to an engine, trans or dash issue with the chassis, if FORD can't tell you where the problem is or can't fix it neither will JAYCO.

Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote