Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2016, 02:54 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanandcollette View Post
What are your problems? I've posted on other threads had have some good advice

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
EzBreeze vent fan in bathroom, camped 2 times and now its in the hospital to be repaired. Soaked the whole bathroom floor before it was found..
Gobbledot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #42

Can I ask who you've worked with in customer service? I might ask for them next time I call! I called and emailed last on August 4th and haven't heard back from them yet. Cummins completely unhooked our generator from the coach twice and ran it through 2-3 hours of testing and it performed perfectly ( or so they said, I wasn't there) When I talked to Jayco a week ago they said that they are aware of the problem, more RVs than ours are having the same issues and their technicians are working on it. They are hoping to have a fix in a couple of months. I wish Jayco would have contacted their dealership service departments or Cummins about these coaches, it would have been nice to know that there is nothing to be done about it until the techs figure it out! As far as the lemon law goes, in our state at least, it only covers the Ford part of the coach which is working fine. Our attorney is looking into the Magnusson/Moss warranty act though because it's a federal law that protects consumers. Thanks for your reply, most people in this forum are really helpful!

Ryanandcollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:14 PM   #43

Hopefully that fan should be an easy fix for you!

Old 08-12-2016, 04:13 PM   #44

Send a message via MSN to alvinator
Cooling the coach

Quote by Ryanandcollette

"The generator won't run the A/C when the coach is moving, so unless you are driving or in the passenger seat you are going to be very hot. Love the look of the new styled windows but you can't use them to cool the coach down on the road. We had to drive home from a trip in the middle of the night because it was 100° in the daytime. We took our rig in to 2 different Cummins and to our dealership service department 3 times for this problem. Still not fixed, and our service department literally said they give up. Dealing with Jayco directly now, they are slow to email and vague when they do respond. When I called, the customer service rep was not very forthcoming. When asked directly he said he hopes they will have it figured out in a few months. This is just one of our issues. So thank you Larry G. for taking the time to hear me whine."

I can't fix your generator but I read in another post how to cool the entire coach while running just using the dash air.

Turn the A/C control to NORM A/C, set the fan speed at 2 or 3 or high and Open either your bathroom ceiling vent or your bedroom ceiling vent without turning their fans on. As you travel down the road cooled, outside air will enter the coach, the existing hot air in the coach which rises to the roof will exit through the rear vent. It works!

The entire coach stays cool.

We are still on our around the country trip in our new 2016 Greyhawk 29 MV and are still traveling in the hot as hell western states and we have never had to use the generator when running except for lunch breaks on the side of the road.

I hope your genny problems can be resolved.
Demco Stay n Play
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #45

Thanks alvinator! Safe travels😀

Old 08-15-2016, 10:37 AM   #46

Quick update, I've been dealing with Paul at Jayco customer service, not a great experience. But then I had my husband call in and he got to talk with a new person, Bill, who was very knowledgeable and nice and hopefully has us going in the right direction. So I guess my advice is if at first you don't succeed, try someone else.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #47

Just a thought on this generator shutting down while moving. I had this on my last class C. Fuel pickup line to the generator was vaporizing in the fuel line before it got to the generator. With 100 degree ambient temperatures and the heat from the engine/exhaust system the fuel can't stay in a liquid form. Cooler temperatures on both helped. Wrapping the fuel line with insulation solved the problem.

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #48

Thank you! Our RV is in a new repair shop now, I'll pass that on to the service manager!😀

Old 08-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #49

Have them follow the fuel line from the generator to the gas tank. Anywhere the line passes close to the exhaust or muffler is your culprit. If it can be rerouted further away that will help. But the whole think may have to be insulated like mine. Tremendous heat comes under the coach from the engine compartment on the class c's.
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #50

Thank you again!!

Old 08-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #51

Those that have had good experience with Jayco "Customer Service" can't seem to believe those who've had bad experience and vice versa.

The one thing I've noticed in about 6 months of regular reading here - is that there ARE people who have had bad experience and people who've had good experience.

I've come to the conclusion that it DOES matter who you're talking to. I don't know how many people work in Customer Service at Jayco - or for that matter, how many sub-departments or divisions there are. There was a long thread in which members took sides and debated if Jayco has ONE CS department, or one CS department for each product line, or one CS department for each manufacturing building. I don't really care - but one thing that is undeniable is that their Customer Services is inconsistent.

The rule about not sending anything (parts, diagrams, schematics, etc.) directly to customers who are still under warranty is obviously and frequently broken - unless a lot of members of this forum are lying. Yet the person I contacted at Jayco (I should have gotten his name) refused to ship me a simple USB charging port directly. He insisted I take the rig to the dealer for this < $5 part.

I know people will forget - but I think it would be fantastic if we always ask for the CS reps name when we e-mail or talk to Jayco - and then post that information on the forum. Perhaps one of the moderators could then start a sticky post where we could figure out who at Jayco gives good service and who is stuckup on the rules.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:55 PM   #52

Amen BuddyRay,well said and a great idea.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:21 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
but one thing that is undeniable is that their Customer Services is inconsistent.
So I don't work in Customer Service in my company, but I'm next to them and spend a lot of time with their leadership.

Running CS is tough.
Really tough.
You-have-no-earthly-idea tough.

I've worked the phones too; answered calls as a CS Agent. We customers aren't always peachy to deal with.

One of the best customer service managers that I've met has told me you cannot proscribe the do's and don'ts. You can't script the interactions. You can't micromanage what to do and what not to do.

What he does is set out "What we value" and they gives each rep the power to decide how best to achieve those values.

Inconsistent customer service interaction is unfortunately a sign of poor CS Mgmt. Might be coming from the top.

If Jayco CS Mgmt were to simply say "We value happy customers", that might go a long way to making the interactions consistent. If not in method, certainly consistent in outcome.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:17 AM   #54
Site Team

If the CS rep has any leeway in resolving a problem, I always get better results by using the nice approach rather than coming off initially as angry.

I have not had any problems and if fact have been pleasantly surprised a couple of times with being offered much more than I expected on a first contact.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote