Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #51
Those that have had good experience with Jayco "Customer Service" can't seem to believe those who've had bad experience and vice versa.

The one thing I've noticed in about 6 months of regular reading here - is that there ARE people who have had bad experience and people who've had good experience.

I've come to the conclusion that it DOES matter who you're talking to. I don't know how many people work in Customer Service at Jayco - or for that matter, how many sub-departments or divisions there are. There was a long thread in which members took sides and debated if Jayco has ONE CS department, or one CS department for each product line, or one CS department for each manufacturing building. I don't really care - but one thing that is undeniable is that their Customer Services is inconsistent.

The rule about not sending anything (parts, diagrams, schematics, etc.) directly to customers who are still under warranty is obviously and frequently broken - unless a lot of members of this forum are lying. Yet the person I contacted at Jayco (I should have gotten his name) refused to ship me a simple USB charging port directly. He insisted I take the rig to the dealer for this < $5 part.

I know people will forget - but I think it would be fantastic if we always ask for the CS reps name when we e-mail or talk to Jayco - and then post that information on the forum. Perhaps one of the moderators could then start a sticky post where we could figure out who at Jayco gives good service and who is stuckup on the rules.

Buddy Ray - Atlanta
Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS
Ford F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:55 PM   #52
Amen BuddyRay,well said and a great idea.

ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:21 PM   #53
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
but one thing that is undeniable is that their Customer Services is inconsistent.
So I don't work in Customer Service in my company, but I'm next to them and spend a lot of time with their leadership.

Running CS is tough.
Really tough.
You-have-no-earthly-idea tough.

I've worked the phones too; answered calls as a CS Agent. We customers aren't always peachy to deal with.

One of the best customer service managers that I've met has told me you cannot proscribe the do's and don'ts. You can't script the interactions. You can't micromanage what to do and what not to do.

What he does is set out "What we value" and they gives each rep the power to decide how best to achieve those values.

Inconsistent customer service interaction is unfortunately a sign of poor CS Mgmt. Might be coming from the top.

If Jayco CS Mgmt were to simply say "We value happy customers", that might go a long way to making the interactions consistent. If not in method, certainly consistent in outcome.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:17 AM   #54
Site Team
If the CS rep has any leeway in resolving a problem, I always get better results by using the nice approach rather than coming off initially as angry.

I have not had any problems and if fact have been pleasantly surprised a couple of times with being offered much more than I expected on a first contact.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote