Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #1

keys

Greetings all! Just completed our PDI at dealer for our brand new 2014 Greyhawk 31FK. I think they let me go home missing a key. Small silver key #CH751 works for house battery door, generator door and electric cable door and I think it works on camp side small storage doors. HOWEVER, after much tinkering, neither of our 2 silver keys marked with the same numbers work on any of the 3 large rear hatch doors for storage. We are hoping they sent us home missing a key. Only other key we were given is black oval house door key.
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #2

We found an ignition key in an envelope in the info packet....there were several envelopes. Go figure.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #3

We have one key that opens all the storage bins, including the 3 in the back. When we took delivery of ours, the keys would not work in several of the latches. Dealer had to make some kind of adjustments.

Good luck.
donellen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:09 AM   #4

You'll learn that the "infamous" CH751key will open all the compartments in your RV and also all the compartments in virtually every RV made today and in the past.
2006 Granite Ridge 2900GS
2015 Montana High Country 345RL
cdrcos@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrcos@gmail.com View Post
You'll learn that the "infamous" CH751key will open all the compartments in your RV and also all the compartments in virtually every RV made today and in the past.
"Bingo"
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:32 AM   #6

Another possibility.......put some Teflon powder on the key that fits the compartment locks and insert the key in all locks. This will provide lubrication to the mechanisms. Inserting and pulling the key out several times will provide more lube than just once. The locks are possibly all the same with the same key but they are all new. Sometimes you have to slowly pull the key back a fraction of an inch to "hit" the hot spot for the tumblers to match up.
I'm sure you have thought of these things......just trying to brainstorm for a resolution.
Roadmaster base plate
Old 08-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #7

That's the best... I can open everyone's compartments but my own. All are unlocked except the rear drivers side where my utility access is. Ugh
Old 08-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #8

one other consideration - the locksets are not built to critical standards and it is very easy to insert the key upside down. I found on my 31SS the three "garage doors" are oriented differently than all the rest. Yes i know they can be adjusted to all be the same. That is on my list ----somewhere.
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Gma-n-Gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #9

I noticed when we got our trailer the 751 key did'nt open one of the doors until i jiggled it around and pushed and pulled then it worked as they say there not installed sometimes to exacting standards just my two
2006 JAYCO JAY FEATHER 23B EXP
EQUILIZER HITCH
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #10

The large storage compartment doors(3) in the rear basement take a special, unique key, not the same as the other regular doors. Go back to the dealer for these keys if you do not have them they are square with a black plastic end.
Greydennyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #11

Greydenny got it.. (nice Bass btw)..keys are separate and missing for the three rear storage doors... went to locksmith with one of the lock cylinders per our dealer at his expense to save me waiting on Jayco...So... so far very happy with rvdirect my salesman Jeff Blair in Albany NY..and as always
grateful to my JOF family!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #12

Btw... next will be fiddling with thankless hwh! I'll keep you posted lol
Old 08-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrcos@gmail.com View Post
I am counting five separate keys to various doors and storage. DW and I have given up trying to figure them out. We use the deadbolt on the doors when going to sleep and leave the storage doors unlocked. Seamus would alert us to any activity around the campsite if someone was around. Why Jayco would not provide the owners with a master key is a mystery to me.
aroundeverycorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #14

Every corner now gets the cigar! Low and behold keys made for cylinder work great...but not on five remaining locks. so pulled the remaining four I can get to,to have keys made hoping one of those will work on #6 over my utility access which I cannot get to from inside to remove. Otherwise I will need to bring rig to my locksmith who is suffering with gout and not that mobile these days! Best part is I'm still excited like a kid on Christmas eve and this is developing into a good story to tell...yikes. not dealers fault... keep you guys posted
Old 08-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #15

We picked up our new 2014 Greyhawk 31FK yesterday from our local Jayco dealer. When we got home I realized that we were given only one set of keys: one Ford ignition key and remote fob, one entry door key, one #751 key for the utility boxes and one key for the rear cargo doors. Is this normal? How many sets of keys did some of y'all get? Thanks.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #16

When we picked ours up we got 1 set of keys and had two extra sets made immediately. Oh and changed the keyless entry code... Remember to write the new code down in case you are prone to memory loss like me during the winter
Old 08-28-2014, 06:12 AM   #17

Cyclops, we got 2 ignitions, two house door, 2 751, and nothing for 3 large basement doors. Had locksmith make those at dealers expense. Mine took four different keys for six locks..although you can have "like" keys made.
You would be very lucky if they gave you a key that works for those basement doors make copies!
Old 08-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #18

NC Roamer............CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW RIG.
We had 2 sets to everything, but one was concealed in an envelope in all the materials that came with it. We also had a 3rd set made.
Enjoy
Roadmaster base plate