Latest fixes, changes & additions to our Greyhawk
Update on my "problems" with our '06 Greyhawk 31SS.
The furnace problem turned out to be the thermostat had been removed. Why, I have no idea. I guess the previous owners had never used the motorhome during cold weather and when the thermostat malfunctioned, they removed it. I had been looking at the thing on the bedroom wall, assuming it was a thermostat. A new "furnace-only" hardwired thermostat solved the heat problem.
This uncovered another problem. The AC only came from vents under the unit at ceiling level. That was because someone had replaced the AC with one that didn't match the ductwork existing in the Jayco. The dealer guy fabricated a plenum that routed the AC output through the vents. I still have to manipulate the AC via the switches on the unit at ceiling level since the new thermostat only controls the furnace, but it's better than it was.
Forgot to mention that the dealer replaced a bad battery disconnect switch and all is good with the electrical stuff.
Also, I had the dealer install a slideout cover. Not cheap, but relieves me of the worry about leaves and water on the slideout roof.
I've ordered some tile for a backsplash around the stove top and sink. That'll add some color and interest to the pretty bland interior.
Oh, and another thing. I read where another owner had installed a curtain right behind the driver/passenger seats and it added to the heating and cooling in the cab area while underway. I just completed that project which was pretty easy and relatively inexpensive. Looking forward to seeing if it actually helps. At least I won't have to be scrambling around outside putting up those window covers (unless we're in the heavy sunshine areas).