Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2015, 12:28 PM   #1

leveling

I have 2014 Seneca 36FK. How do I get the leveling system to level the unit? When I use the auto option the coach will set lower on the drivers side by approx. 2". I have not tried the manual option since I have no instructions and Quadra was not helpful at all.
richard66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #2

Who, what is "Quadra"?

Have you read the manual? Manuals are available for almost everything, online.

There is something about doing a reset. I would start by totally starting over. Make sure all legs go up all the way. I know, we learned quickly that you have to let the leveling system do its thing. Many people running in and out or bouncing side to side, while the unit is leveling. We have learned to put the slides out first and then make sure the leveling feet have a good solid surface to work on.

Just my thoughts, but if still not getting what you need, once you've exhausted all ideas, call Jayco.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #3

Leveling

Quadra Mfg. is the mfg. of the Bigfoot leveling system. My unit was used and did not have an owners manual for the leveling system. Quadra gave me no help so I contacted Jayco and the will email me what info. they have. Thanks for the reply
richard66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:37 PM   #4

leveling

Richard, call big foot company and talk to one of their technicians. Your unit needs to be reset. They will do it with you over the phone. Lots of buttons to push to reset it and these guys know what they are doing. If they don't answer, write down the emergency numbers and call those. I did and they helped me out. I had a similar problem a month or two ago. Also, have some pieces of wood available to put under the levels, just in case they ask you to do this. It's not broken, from my experience, just needs to be reset.
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:49 AM   #5

The way I level mine is as follows. First I turn the system on and let it go through its test sequence for a minute of so. After all lights has stopped moving around I push Auto. It takes a couple of minutes to do that and when it's finished I turn the system off. My RV is always a little lower in the back so it's not quite level. I turn the system back on and let it go through the test sequence.then I push and hold the manual button for as long as it takes for the manual light to come on. It takes about 15 seconds of holding the button down to get the manual light to come on. I have a small carpenter level on the top of the cabinet I watch, then I push the buttons to extend both rear jacks at the same time and level the RV perfectly. So first I use auto level and then tweek it manually. Works good for me. Good luck.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:26 PM   #6

When our Bigfoot levelers first deployed, the factory setting had Greyhawk pretty level. But, when I extended the slide-out, it leaned towards the slide (to the left). My OCD would not allow me to accept this situation so I re-zeroed our levelers. Now when they are first extended, the RV leans slightly to the right. Then when the slide is extended, we are perfectly level.

You can download the users manual from the Quadra site.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard66 View Post
Quadra Mfg. is the mfg. of the Bigfoot leveling system. My unit was used and did not have an owners manual for the leveling system. Quadra gave me no help so I contacted Jayco and the will email me what info. they have. Thanks for the reply
All the info and manuals are on line.

http://thebigfootleveler.com/Installation_Manuals.html
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
All the info and manuals are on line.

I checked the manual before I called. What they had me do, when I talked to tech support, was not in the manual.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:45 PM   #9
WDW

Once you reset it to Zero take the time to learn how to manually level it by putting the legs down . Auto leveling is not always the best route especially in very uneven situations. You may also find that your feet don't extend down as far when doing it manually.

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #10

True, WDW.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #11

With auto leveling it always raises the front too high then brings the rear up. It's level but too high usually with the front wheels off the ground. I now raise the front manually just a bit and then raise the rear manually. I listen until it deflates the rear air suspension.
Then I retract the levelers and start over manually, since it is now sitting much lower in the rear I activate the front levelers until they just touch the ground keeping the unit level side to side. I then use the rear levelers to bring the unit level front to back. Using this method has the entry step at least 4" to 6" lower to the ground which makes a huge difference.
If the pad is way off I always drive up on blocks to start as level as possible.

This only takes a few more minutes and when at a extended stay that lower step height adds up over a week or two.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:33 PM   #12

I am a new '14 37FS Owner. After experiencing exactly what Mr. Oz stated and then having some type of issue induced into the hydros (I suspect) as a result of over-extending the jacks and nearly being stranded in camp, I'll be manually leveling from now on. -After speaking to Jim at BigFoot (at 9am on a Sunday -They're super-nice, there) he coached me through putting it into manual mode.
  1. Power System On
  2. Allow time to let all lights finish chasing themselves
  3. Press & Hold Manual for 5 - 8 seconds, the light will come on
  4. On my particular model, I have to wait (approx 40sec) for the "Air Dump" light to go out
  5. You shoud, now, be able to manually lower and raise the coach
  6. I use a Bubble Level App on my smartphone and usually get the coach 4" - 6" lower to the ground than Auto, regularly without lifting the wheels off the ground if mostly-level parking lot/campsite
memphis02 is offline   Reply With Quote