Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2015, 05:54 AM   #11
I wasn't considering the levelers so much as they are deployed first. I was considering the battery after the levelers were down, b/c Winnie was pretty adamanet that the Schwintek slides needed the engine running to perform optimally.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:27 AM   #12
Two threads... One topic

Interesting timing, this topic came up on another thread so I went hunting for the 2015 manual. It is quoted below and I note two important items. First that you must be level, so your Bigfoot system definetly gets priority. Second there is no mention of having the engine running, although where possible you should have shore power.

1. The auxiliary battery (customer supplied) must be fully charged and connected. If possible, the RV should be hooked up to 120-volt AC power so the converter operates.
2. The RV must be level and the stabilizer jacks in the extended position.
3. Locate the slideout room control switch. The main slideout switch is located in the command center. The bedroom slideout switch may be located in the command center or on a bedroom interior wall depending on the model.

Makes me feel better that I was almost doing it right... By fluke 😃. Normally I levelled before plugging in, will have to fix that part of my arrival procedure. But I was hooking up to shore power before deploying slides, largely because I did not want to have to crouch under the slide to access the 120v cabinet.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:47 PM   #13
Exactly what I needed. Thanks !
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:47 PM   #14
I hardly ever boondocks. But I do connect shore power before deploying the big foots or the slide.

Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote