Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #1

Leveling systems

I am still doing research, and wondering about auto-leveling systems. I like the bigfoot system, but I was wondering if anyone is using it on their class c and their insights on it. Was it necessary?, would you purchase a leveling system again in hindsight? Problems, etc.....

See... I told you guys I would have ALOT of questions..
Suprzsuprz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #2

We had it installed on the 2001 32' DESIGNER we had and loved it. Would we do it again, absolutely.

It is just an absolute shame that JAYCO does not use it as the system of choice instead of POWER GEAR. BIG FOOT support and customer service is 1,000% compared to Power Gear's negative 100%. They give you a 24 hr emergency number for problems. We never had any issues with the system we had, but others who have all "praise" their rapid response.

To me, it was a very good investment.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #3

Our 2012 Greyhawk came from the factory with the Bigfoot system. Our first big trip isn't for another week, but we did test it several times during our long drive home. Works perfectly so far. I'm very happy we ordered it.
bgermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #4

We have it on our 2012 Melbourne 29D, we like it as of now. Haven't used it much but everything works fine. Ours came factory installed, one of the reasons for getting that particuliar coach was for the leveling system, have not been disappointed yet. Had HWH on the Class A, had leaks and bad pump motor, one of the reasons for getting rid of Class A and going with a new Jayco Melbourne. We are hoping Bigfoot system is a better system for us!
Ralph0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #5

I'm also looking at adding automatic levelers to our 2012 31FS. I've contacted Big Foot and HWH for pricing to have them installed at their factory. The prices are really close. I'm interested in hearing comments from those who are using these systems as well.
kpmdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmdavis View Post
I'm also looking at adding automatic levelers to our 2012 31FS. I've contacted Big Foot and HWH for pricing to have them installed at their factory. The prices are really close. I'm interested in hearing comments from those who are using these systems as well.
Does anyone know the weight of this entire system? I too have a 31FS and would like the leveling system..
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #7

It depends on which system you buy. 4 independent pumps are around 280 lbs and central hydraulics (one pump and hoses) is around 200. We had the 4 independent pumps on our 2001. They just recently came out with the central hydraulics system.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #8

the weight of the HWH system i had installed in our 31FS was just under 200 pounds. i have the manual system with the touch pad and kick down actuators. the only issue i have had was at one site, the slope of the site required the actuator to lift the tire off the ground which i didn't like. i fixed it by lifting it up higher and putting blocks under the wheels then letting it down. That's one reason that the manual system is better in my opinion. Anyway, it was still better than driving up on ramps. I've seen many class c's leveled with their wheels not touching the ground but it just seems unwise to me.
johnd1985 is offline   Reply With Quote