Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2016, 07:33 AM   #11

When my Legos crumble I'm going with some Jumbos from this company:

Fiamma Inc. - Products

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #12

Thanks fellows for all the responses and your suggestions. I have pulled 5th wheels for may years both with and without leveling systems but this is my first Class C coach and was just wondering how others went about leveling theirs.

Pfflyer, when I pull onto a site that appears to be 3-4 inches or more low on one side or on one end, I use blocks or boards to bring that side or end of coach up to a reasonable level before deploying my jack system. I don't won't a wheel or wheels to be hanging in mid air or one jack or more reaching its full extension without contacting the ground or jack pad. After I am on a reasonable level, I deploy my jacks onto jack pads. Like hopper stated, I will place as many pads under a jack as needed.

My main interest was what folks use under their dual wheels and if they used one for each separate tire or one pad for both tires, as both need support. Either way would work, just wondering as one pad for both wheels would be quite a bit larger and more difficult to store.

Thanks again folks

Titleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:56 AM   #13

I carry many bags of Lynx. Each tire needs to be supported. I've been on sites that were supposed to be 'level' and had my whole front end off the ground. I don't like that, even though my Big Foot system can handle it. And I absolutely cringe when I see significant weight reduction on my back tires.

So I'll lego up to get pretty close to level and then deploy my levelers. Often times I also need legos over my jack pads if the site is really off.

Also, on a related topic, I use Hosspads for the first pad under my levelers. I'll stack Lynx/Legos on the Hosspads if I have to.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote