Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2016, 09:31 AM   #1

Angry Living Room Slide - Not Working AGAIN

OMG, we are so tired of dealing with the same issue over and over again. Any suggestions as to what could be causing the slide out to not work? It started about the third year of ownership. 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS. Thank goodness we took out the extended warranty. It has paid for itself several times over!

Anyway, the control module has been replaced about three times now. We have just had it replaced again as well as the wiring harness. We take it to the dealership where we bought it new. We always check it several times after the repairs before we even leave the lot and all seems good. Most recent repair was in February. Brought it home last week to restock and the slide out worked perfectly.

Took it out over the weekend for our first trip this year, and you guessed it, the slide out would not budge. Got it into override and it went out. Hesitated coming in, but it did come in.

Any ideas on what we can tell the service tech to try next? They just don't seem able to figure it out.
donellen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:13 AM   #2

Hope you get this figured out. Our living room slide failed while we were vacationing in the florida kays. Finally figured out how to manually bring it in (locked it for the drive home) - dealership replaced faulty relay switch under the rear bed. I suppose the saving grace is that it can always be brought in manually :-/
Old 04-20-2016, 07:27 AM   #3

Ours has failed numerous times. There must be a short somewhere and the dealer just doesn't figure it out. We used it for several months last year in override until they could get us in for another repair. It is now in override again.

I think there must be something the dealer is missing that causes it to keep going out.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:07 PM   #4

If a slide doesn't come in or out how do you manually retract/extend a slide? Would hate to be stuck somewhere due to not being able to bring in my slide.
Hergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:26 PM   #5

Should have mentioned I have a 2012 Greyhawk 31FS
Hergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #6

Hey Hergie,

We found the answer in the manual in the SLIDE section. Basically if you look under the living room sofa you will find the brake and roller mechanism. On the right side of the sofa (underneath) as you are facing the sofa, there will be a large bolt that you will turn to extend or bring the slide in. You will require a socket set with I believe a 1/2" socket. After you release the brake, crank the socket set and bring it in or out. Just make sure you re-lock the slide or you will have bigger problems on the road.

I hope you get this sorted out. Again, you will find it in the manual. Just follow it step by step. That is what my husband and I did - and it worked.

Good luck.......Liz
Old 05-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #7

We have been able to get our slide in and out only through the override on the controller. Control module is under our bed, along With lots other wiring. I have never found any info in any manual we have. We were shown how to override the system when we had to call a mobile repair unit in when traveling.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:19 PM   #8

Lubricating the gears on slide out

Hi I have a 06 greyhawk 31ss bought from my uncle two years ago and I was wondering he had it for 8 years so he told me he always keep the slide in and not out while not in use but I wanted to know if anyone knew where was the place I can grease the gears thanks
Karl06greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #9

We also have a 2011 31DS that had many living room slide failures that dealers struggled with. Replaced motors, controllers, and connecting rods over a 2-year period. Schwintec slide. Works ok now. Had to involve an attorney to get it done. Very frustrating ordeal.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:13 PM   #10

Had a recent slide problem, stuck and not operational. Fortunately it was in the closed position. Checked fuse, relay, and motor all okay except for insufficient voltage at motor (5 volts). Tracked problem to switch where connector supplying problem had arced due to a faulty connection, the connector melted. Cleaned up the wires installed a new connector. All is working fine now and I am a happy camper. On my way to Alaska.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #11

Angry

We have had several controllers and a new motor over the last couple years. It went out over this weekend but would not come in today when time to leave. Had to unplug the ground wires and wait, then plug back in and override the controller. Back to the shop we go! Thank goodness we took out the extended warranty. It is just so frustrating!