Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2016, 02:30 PM   #11
Originally Posted by WaltW View Post
Ustabslim, have Jayco replace the water heater. They paid for mine and some others. One of the owners did a 10 gal unit install on his own. Get what you want resolved by the dealer and Jayco before you buy.
I am someone who replaced the original Girard with a 10-gallon Atwood XT water heater. Did all the work myself except painting the new exterior door. I could have requested Jayco do it under warranty, but they only would have installed a 6-gallon unit and I wanted more. I couldn't be happier, it works great whether on the pump or with full hookups. Also the campground heats the water on the 110-volt side, I have only used my propane when I have no electric hookups.

I did have to run new wiring for the 12-volt and 110-volt functions, but was easy on my TS floorplan. Not sure on other models what might be involved. The interior switch panel replaced the flame control knob, looks like it came that way from Jayco. I got a black panel and it matches the switch panel already there.

Jayco did paint the new exterior door for free when I took it to the factory service center to have other work done. Since I saved them many $$$s doing the heater myself they seemed happy to do it!

Rob Ross
Akron, OH
2014 Seneca 37TS
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 03:15 PM   #12
It seems no one likes the tankless so why do they keep using them.

2015 338RETS Eagle Premier gloss sides., king.
2012 Ram 3500, crew cab 4x4 duelly Deleted
16k miles, 530HP, 1000 +torque.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:23 PM   #13
Ours TS goes in tomorrow for the water heater exchange. Jayco is taking care of the cost. The tankless works great with hookups but is a fail for us when we only have onboard water. Other than that it is a great workhorse. Have towed a three place horse trailer fully loaded and a 10,000 lb. boat on a three axle trailer, length is a bit awkward but tows fine and climbs mountains like a semi, just turn OD off. Exhaust brake works good for those heavy loads.
meyerjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Ustabslim View Post
It seems no one likes the tankless so why do they keep using them.
For those of us who camp with hookups the vast majority of the time, the tankless heater works great. It did take some time to figure it out, but I'm happy with ours.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ty & Deb Montag
Columbus, OH
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2014 Honda CR-V toad
anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote