Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #21

Found another vehicle. Satern Ion 5 speed stick . Didn't get it yet still checking it out.
Dave & Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #22

Waiting on the car dealer to show it to me.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #23

We just bought our 2004 Granite Ridge in April. We wanted a couch but this one came with a booth, so we immediately took the table down and turned one bench against the wall creating a L-shaped couch. Really opens up the area. It was an easy switch. We have relocated the table length wise in front of the L-shaped couch. We can take it down or leave it up. We also made shorter legs so we can still use it as a bed. So far it's working great. I had to patch the carpet by using the piece under the booth and putting it in the area where the booth had been. It looks fine, but I knew there was a seam so I have put a throw rug on it, which I would have done anyway since it will get a lot of foot traffic. We had a 22' Rialta before so this feels very large and luxurious. Took it out overnight to make sure everything works. Can't wait to go on a longer adventure. I would like to know what people are doing about stabilizers in the rear to keep it from rocking? Ours does not have stabilizers...yet.
Mrssip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #24

Granite Riidge

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]Congrats on your purchase. We bought our 2004 Granite Ridge last fall. Used it once last fall. Did OK on winterizing. No leaks. Used it once this springThe water filter is behind the drawer above the hot water heater. You have to pull the drawer out to get to it.
I'm not using that filter. There is a by-pass pipe that screws into it. I will use one on the City water hose when I fill or use straight city hook-up
I can't find stabilizers either . I guess some models didn't come with them. I fund a wrench. But it was for lowering the Spare tire.
Does your ice maker work? Mine don't. Doesn't seem to get any water into it.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #25

We are new owners of a 2004 GH 3100SS, we would love to hear about any advise that you can share.
jgoodrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:57 AM   #26

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave & Deb View Post
Saturn is gone. Have to look for another little towable.
Find a Honda CRV automatic. There are almost the only small foreign made quality vehicle that you can pull 4 wheels down with an automatic. And Honda's are very reliable and should last "forever".

We started towing our 2000 Mazda Protege with a tow dolly. I found the dolly to be a PIA and crawling around under a car to adjust straps and chains not something I wanted to do regularly. Found a 2003 Mazda pickup with manual transmission, but after a trip to Alaska decided needed bigger passenger capacity and I was tired of a manual transmission. Got a 2005 Honda CRV last year and it has been great - I even prefer it to my wife's 2012 Subaru Forester.

Towing 4 down is the way to go, found my towing set up on Craigslist for $250 and added $90 for local mechanic to install and good to go for a lot less than the $1550 Camping World wants for the same setup.

Good luck!
2006 Granite Ridge 2900GS
2015 Montana High Country 345RL
cdrcos@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:00 PM   #27

Hi

Hi all,
Tom in North Alabama here, just joined the forum.
Bought our '05 Granite Ridge with only 15k miles about a year ago.
Now have about 20kmiles, hope to do much better the next few years.No major problems yet other than trying to get the water pump to create pressure when the system is in 'normal' trying to pump out of the fresh water tanks.
tom35758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:27 AM   #28

Wish I had seen this earlier. GRANITE RIDGE is a re-brand of the DESINGER MH.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:40 AM   #29

we have one too

We purchased our Granite Ridge brand new in 2006. Love it. Have been looking at new ones but haven't seen one that even comes close in design and features.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #30

Granite Ridge

Purchased our 2006 Granite Ridge 3100SS in January. I think we have figured out most of the features, switches, etc. Little confused about the automatic vent in the bedroom. Tried scissor jacks to stabilize but didn't notice much difference.

We sold everything, bought the MH and are full timing in it. Are there any others full timing in their Granite Ridge?
Deb & Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #31

We just bought our first RV. A 2005 Granite Ridge. As I use it I have discovered some questions. First, there a little lights inside the RV on the steps. I cannot get them to light with any switch. With power plugged in, with steps out, with steps retracted, etc. even tried the porch light switch in case it was tied to that. Nothing
Does anyone know how to get these things to work before I start checking fuses bulbs and wires?

Thanks!
Jangelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:29 PM   #32

Hi..mine are tied into the exterior lights. Maybe they are burnt out ??
Jaytibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:52 AM   #33

Granite Ridge

We just purchased a new to us 2006 Granite Ridge 2900GS with 19K and really like it, but not many GR owners out there. The Utility Center was and is confusing, but starting to see how simple it really is. Does anyone have any information on the "No Fuss Flush" and how it works?
photoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #34

We bought our Granite Ridge 3100SS new in 2006 we have about 48K miles on it that we drove in the first 18 months. Since then we have used maybe two-three times. The motor is a workhorse, our son raced motorcycles and we always had a trailer full of bikes and tools on the back.

Now we are planning a month long trip from SC to Yellowstone. As I go through the camper double checking that everything is in working order, I ask myself. WTH was I thinking??? This thing is WAY to heavy. Wood cabinets, 100lb TV, glass shower doors (uhm dangerous). While the bling is nice I would not do it again.

Hoping we get more than 10mph on our trip we will be towing a 2004 Mazda pick up.

On the bright side, 10 years later pretty much everything is in working order and has stood the test of time well. (said from the safety of our driveway)

We did not inherit our future from our ancestors, we have borrowed it from our children.
lorrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #35

I have a 2004 Granite Ridge and we just put in a new toilet, sleep number bed, AC, new shocks and load lifters. Rides like a new one. We also had the dine net recovered. It all looks very nice. We got rid of the blinds over the kitchen sink and put up curtains. Looks a lot better. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours. I am still trying to locate my 12 volt water pump so I can check it out..Any idea where it is located??
TheFang1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:55 AM   #36

I just changed the front and rear shocks on my 2004 GR. Suggest getting the very best shocks (Bilstine) . I did and the ride and driving is much better. The best cost a little more but some time you can get them on sale
Old 03-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #37

There is a hose connection for the no fuss flush system. It cleans out your black tank. I do this every time I dump the black tank. I run water through the black tank and watch the drain hose and when the water is clear I let it run for another three or four minutes. I have also heard that people put a bag on ice through the toilet into the black tank and when the drive to the next camp site the ice slides around and cleans the tank. However, I have not done this.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:52 PM   #38

The water pump is located behind the water switching panel, not very accessible, but can be taken out after a bunch of strong words and some time.
tom35758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:04 PM   #39

Jayco has told me three different places and it is not there. I think you are right, and after looking at the water control panel I not sure I have enough four letter words to take it apart. Don't use the pump that much anyway. Have a great water filtering system on the RV so not a problem using city water.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #40

Some great mods to you rig. We have a 2006 granite ridge2900gs. I noticed you changed your ac unit. What did you replace yours with? I don't think carrier is made anymore and I'm wanting to replace ours. Thanks for your help.
photoman is offline   Reply With Quote