Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2015, 01:11 AM   #1

Loud roar in cab of 2015 FK?

We bought a new FK in early August. When we took the unit to our home (15 mile away) the cab was so loud and both of us said it was wind noise. We turned around and took it back. Jayco said it was the mirrors and my dealer tested every way they could. Finally a mechanic thought out the box and placed some pipe insulation between the cab and the camper body across the front and the cab was quite, I was told. The seal is the problem, it has either failed or is missing. No fix has been offered by Jayco yet but the dealer used some supper seal across the entire front of the vehicle as a FIX till Jayco finds out what to do.
Jayco's demonstrater FK just had the same failure, we were told. We go Monday for a ride to see if the sealant worked.
Do I take the unit or continue to let it stay at our dealer and try to make Jayco do something? It has been there for 3 months now and we are getting tired of not having a camper to use, we bought a new unit and we just don't know if Jayco is just sandbagging
us or do they really stand behind what they build. Any one else having a loud roar in their cab? What did they do for you ? Please Help.
HUD52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:33 PM   #2

We have a lot of wind noise. I understand there are some holes where the mirrors are bolted. The wind catches it just right. There are posts on this that do a better job of explaining!!
Old 11-16-2015, 10:14 PM   #3

The only "roar" that I hear in mine is from the cooling fan when it kicks into high and that can occur at any speed. Usually need ambient temps over 95 and some load like when accelerating or climbing. Noise from the mirror could not be called a "roar".

The separation that you describe worries me though. I have had a problem with the cab separating from the house and when they tried to fix it with more screws, the dealer drilled into the fuel tank. Am told that separation a common problem. Based on my experience and 2 attempts to repair, pass on it. Look for one that does not have the problem. Test by driving on a highway where the slab joints set up a bouncing situation.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #4

The noise level in our 2015 FK isn't too bad (although I agree that the radiator fan is ridiculously loud when it kicks on), but I've had a piece of rubber weather stripping pop out between the roof of the cab and the cab-over a couple of times. I jammed it back in and have it on our "punch list" of items to be looked at when we take it into the local dealer in January. We also have several loose panels (passenger side next to the gas tank, driver side behind the water heater) - seems to be a common problem.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote