Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #1

Love my new Melbourne!

With that said I've had quite a few warranty related issues since buying her new back in Oct. Sensors not connected, a leak which damaged the wood casing near the TV, the TV needing to be replaced, the generator monitor not tracking the number of hours used and other smaller issues. This is my first RV and I love it and have had a great time taking her out on short trips. Are these issues typical or did I just buy ones that has lots of issues? We've been waiting for parts to get the wood casing fixed since Oct.
We're planning a long trip in the Fall and we want to make sure that everything works before we leave.
Any perspective?
redyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:42 PM   #2

we have a 2016 melborne...benz.........no slide awnings......poor cushions on dinette....remove end caps for better end seating.....poor insulation when cold....toilet is cheap and small and leaves no room for replacement......wood doors warped...tv mount is funky and needs to be longer......fan is only one direction.....we got rid of a 2015 view because it handled terrible even with mods and alot of stuff broke....liked the Jayco because it handles fantastic....but it has some cheap stuff that needs fixing......
tonewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:42 AM   #3

Thanks for your message, we have an appointment next Thursday to try to get all of the warranty issues fixed, wish us luck!!! I agree with you comment about some stuff being "cheap" thank goodness I have a handy husband who fixes things!
redyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:28 AM   #4

We were looking into class A's-B's & C's before we settled on the TT and in talking to many owners their biggest complaint and worry was work that needed to be done while on the road. If it needed to go in the shop they had to find a hotel and some times for many days and no suitcase only paper bags and the dog plus a rental car. Many small towns don't have the capability of handling the big stuff so that was our worry.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #5

New Melbourne owners as well. Only 1 night in her so far and the only issues so far are the dinette front window gets loose while driving and will flap around. Road and coach noise is terrible. Microwave and stove top rattles while driving. I have all the internals stored in cabinet which helps but still makes noise at times. Check your roof membrane. Mine had a small rust stain which turned out to be a pin hole. Stepping up from a MB Sprinter 2500 self conversion to this and love it. MPG's are less than I expected but it has just passed the break in period.
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #6

Congratulations on the Melbourne and welcome to the JOF.

RE: "Microwave and stove top rattles while driving. I have all the internals stored in cabinet which helps but still makes noise at times."

DW has a piece of the rubberized shelf liner that she wraps the 'microwave internals' in and places them back in the microwave. That worked well in our class B and she still does that for our TT microwave.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote