Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #1

Magnadyne Satellite Radio Model M1-LCD

What does it take to get this sat Radio up and running. I have found out that it needs a tuner (Model Sc-c1m for $150.00 from the maker Magnadyne) but also this manufacture says it also needs a (M99SIR-Cable) and a (M9SIR-ANTENNA).
The instructions in the Magnadyne only say a turner but the web page form Magnadyne say it need the other two items.
Also doing some more research you can buy a SC-C1 for about $60 but it does not come with a 6 month subscription and looking a the Sirius web page at the pricing they are not giving you anything. I am very confused by this whole thing.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #2

Call Sirius, and do a little dealing with the person you are talking to. I got a great price on my XM subscription that way.
82corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to WPnorton
Get rid of that junk magnadyne radio and install a aftermarket radio. you'll enjoy better features and sound quality. The right model will offer bluetooth phone hookup for handsfree calling.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82corvette View Post
Call Sirius, and do a little dealing with the person you are talking to. I got a great price on my XM subscription that way.
Anytime your going to renew with Sirius or directv or cable tv always say that you want to cancel service. As soon as they think there are looseing you they give you the very best price. If you start out by asking what is the best price they quote you the list price but if you start out by saying cancel service they start with the best price off the bat.

They always renew you on your creidt card on file well this is called slamming and thats the reason for the cancel I tell them, the first thing they ask is if I could get you a lower price would you stay....Now you got them
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote