Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 AM   #1

Maiden Voyage 29MV

Hooked up yesterday and rolled up the road about 40 miles to Blanco SP. Beautiful spring weather has arrived, although thunderstorms are in the forecast for our departure on Thursday. Had an issue connecting to shore power when we arrived leaving us without power for about 30 minutes or so. Other than a sticking cargo bay door, we've encountered no serious problems. To our surprise, the tankless HW system works great on the lowest setting. Hope to get in some trike riding through the hill country today...

Old 03-24-2015, 09:46 AM   #2

Glad to hear your first trip out was a success! Especially with the tankless water heater.
Hey, I'm jealous. You've got slide toppers on your rig. I'm going to have to get some soon. Don't like having to clean off the top of the slides before moving on.
This is my third MH and so far I think I got a lot of bang for the buck. We're on the road to the coast in a couple of days for our second trip. We've made a handful of mods to the rig since the maiden voyage and now we can check them out. Also be an opportunity to put the DW behind the wheel to see what she thinks.
hoppers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #3

Great looking setup .... good and safe travels

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #4

Awesome. Looks great!!! Thanks for sharing the pics
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:02 PM   #5

Looking GOOD Scratch !!
We're taking ours out Easter Weekend. Grand kids out of school and it'll be our first outing with the tribe ! lol

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #6

The awning LED lights are a nice touch:

Beautiful weather greeted us again this morning. Quick cuppa joe, then a ride along the river:

We'll take the MH to our dealer next week for some minor warranty repairs, then wait until the next trip to Marble Falls in April.

Where ya heading out to, Rick? Take pics!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:00 AM   #7

Thanks for the pics. Looking good!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:46 AM   #8

Sweet pics and great looking rig!
Old 04-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #9

Took the Greyhawk 29MV to the dealer for warranty work last week following our maiden voyage. Our discrepancy list included:

1. Broken TV antenna rotating lever. It broke as we were bringing the antenna down in preparation for the return trip home. As I rotated the lever, the mechanism fell out onto the floor which left the antenna raised. It took about 20 minutes, but I was able to twist the antenna into the stowed position for the return trip.

2. Shower floor has a large (air) bubble in the floor which prevents draining. (Middle shower floor is raised about two inches higher than the edges)

3. Unable to open LR storage compartment door due to sticking latch.

4. Initially unable to apply campground power to MH. Once hooked to 30 amp campground power, the main power switch light would fade out culminating in lack of power to the unit. Generator started, but would not supply power to MH. Power mysteriously came on about 30 minutes later and stayed on the rest of the week. Could not duplicate issue.

5. Install Bluetooth mic in Jensen radio

6. Check all tires for inflation. One tire was under inflated by 22 lbs and another by 12 lbs when we go home from the dealer. My guess here is lazy PDI technician before delivery, but the service writer mentioned they have issues with foreign object damage (screws/nails etc. that could have been picked up in their service area).

The service department called this morning to provide an update on each issue:

1. Broken TV antenna mechanism will be repaired under warranty.

2. The shower floor is a problem. Awaiting Jayco authorization and parts to replace entire shower.

3. Technician is adjusting all storage door latches.

4. Unable to repeat mysterious power issue.

5. Await Jayco authorization to install Bluetooth mic.

6. Checking all tires for proper inflation.

I mentioned we are leaving next week on another quick trip, so we'll pick it up late this week, then return it to the dealer for the shower install which will take some time. Hopefully we'll have it in time for our 3,000 mile May trip thru the Midwest and east coast regions...
Old 04-08-2015, 12:51 AM   #10

took mine out this past Easter weekend to the Sliverwood Lake area. My crank up Antenna would not turn, wood trim in bedroom slideout started to "unglue" and worst of all as we were heading home down the hill the Fridge door swung open and all the water bottles fell out as well as other food products unto the floor while vehicle was turning corners. Lock does not hold. Found my mic for the blue tooth.

Called dealer and have appt for Monday to fix all above.

S/

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #11

Jayco approved the service technician's request to remove and replace our entire shower unit. (We expect two weeks to receive it from Jayco). We still don't know what is under the floor that makes it bubble up. Hope it is air; not water... They also approved replacing storage door latches and hooking up the Jensen Bluetooth mic.

The dealer is replacing the antenna rotor today and we can pick the unit up for next week's four day trip to Marble Falls. We'll put it back in the shop when we return so they can complete the shower replacement and other warranty work.

They have been unable to duplicate the power issue.

Got an apology for the under inflated tires. I would suggest that a new purchaser should have the PDI technician check air pressure on each tire during the walk around. We were told it was done before the PDI and they were obviously not checked. Certainly makes you wonder what else was glossed over...

Still like our Greyhawk. We'd just like to keep it on the RV pad here at the house vs. at the dealer.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:25 PM   #12

I plan on asking them how exactly to check pressure and inflate the tires.
2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (our TOAD on a DEMCO Dolly)
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote