Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2016, 10:14 PM   #61

Our 2015 20MRB White Hawk could use a new mattress. My Wife likes the Serenia (fits our budget). Do we buy the 6" or 8" mattress? I hate to admit this but I'm built like a tank. Hope Serenia is the answer.

We too were told by a young RV salesman that the Denver mattress was the best in the industry. He must have been a military recruiter in his first job.
Catmike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:27 AM   #62

Serenia - I like what I see on Amazon. I might even be able to get away w/ the 8"; my mattress does NOT slide under my closet doors as I first thought. I comes to rest right at the end with just a smidge of the mattress under the lip. If I get a memory foam, the extra 2 inches just might smoosh enough to close it.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #63

We (the wife and I) are very close to resolving our mattress issue in the '16 Greyhawk 29MV. We met with Scott Erwin of Erwin's Mattress this morning, settled on a short queen with the amount of density/texture we wanted in our mattress, and it will be hand crafted (and customized) for us within a week.

To my surprise, Erwin's has a lot of state-wide RV business. He delivered a RV King to New Orleans last Friday.
Toad - '16 Subaru Forester (Pearl White - manual transmission)
Blue Ox (everything) for the TOAD
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
We (the wife and I) are very close to resolving our mattress issue in the '16 Greyhawk 29MV. We met with Scott Erwin of Erwin's Mattress this morning, settled on a short queen with the amount of density/texture we wanted in our mattress, and it will be hand crafted (and customized) for us within a week.

To my surprise, Erwin's has a lot of state-wide RV business. He delivered a RV King to New Orleans last Friday.
What length did you pick for your 29MV? And what thickness?

Old 03-07-2016, 07:41 PM   #65

Because the mattress is somewhat more firm then the original, we went with 73" long, 60" wide.

73" long is two inches shorter than the original. I didn't want the mattress pushing on the cabinetry as the slide was closing, like it did with the original mattress.

THE thickness was the same as a mattress we tested. Looked to be about 7".
Old 03-08-2016, 07:15 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
Because the mattress is somewhat more firm then the original, we went with 73" long, 60" wide.

73" long is two inches shorter than the original. I didn't want the mattress pushing on the cabinetry as the slide was closing, like it did with the original mattress.

THE thickness was the same as a mattress we tested. Looked to be about 7".
Hrm. The one I'm looking at is 75". Its also 8". However, I'm thinking that last 1" is memory foam and will just mush a little w/ minimum fuss.

At least that's what I'm thinking. Hoping?

Old 03-08-2016, 07:43 AM   #67

Like you, "I'm thinking and hoping". At 6'3", I sleep curled up on my side, and not on my back. I feel sure the measurements will suffice for us.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #68

I actually like the Denver mattress

I've been using the original Denver mattress in my 2014 31DS for two years including a four month trip to Alaska last summer. I have no complaints with it. But I'm a small guy, 5'5", 150 lbs. I have no desire to replace it.
kevin5203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #69

Kevin5203, I'll bet your mattress isn't the Denver Weekender - foam, 6 inches thick. My wife weighs in at 130 lbs and managed to create a permanent depression in the Weekender after 2 weeks.

Looking at your floor plan the mattress doesn't have to slide under closet furniture so there were no restrictions to mattress thickness.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #70

No it is quite accessible whether slide is in or out. It was advertised as a Denver mattress, feels like spring mattress, quite comfortable.
kevin5203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin5203 View Post
I've been using the original Denver mattress in my 2014 31DS for two years including a four month trip to Alaska last summer. I have no complaints with it. But I'm a small guy, 5'5", 150 lbs. I have no desire to replace it.
It has to be that Jayco is not consistant in putting the same type mattress in all Greyhawk coachs. That is if your mattress was that great. I assure you, our mattress was far less than satisfying...
Old 03-13-2016, 06:59 AM   #72

A month after installing and sleeping on the "Sleep Number Bed" and we couldn't be happier. We both like a firm mattress. I use the setting of 100 for my side and the wife uses the number 90. No back aches and its easy to get on and off, not in and out.

We have no problem collapsing the bed for allowing the slide out to come in and out. The cat is getting a kick out of riding the airflow as it gets soft and firm. Pump up or letting the air out, takes less than a minute either way. If you have read through this thread, you will see a suggestion of using a cheap vinyl picnic style table cloth to protect everything while it goes under the closet on the slide out. All that works like it should.

Very pleased and we thank everyone for their help and suggestions.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:26 AM   #73

I am very pleased with the Denver mattress in my new 2016. I like a firm mattress so it suits me fine. If you want something a little more pliant, a bed cover should suit most.

And the "King" bed is most welcome and I glad I bought a TT with this option. My dogs are bed hogs and there is still plenty of room for all three of us.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #74

Fairenatic, looking at your TT you do not have the mattress height restriction that most Seneca class C owners are faced with. You have enough room to pile another mattress on top if you so wish. Seneca owners except for the HJ plan came with 6 inch foam mattresses due to closet design. If it was as easy as tossing a bit of foam on top of a coil spring mattress we would not be complaining. The mattress does fine for about a week then it forms a pocket so deep you have to climb UP to get out. Rgolding and I had to spend an additional $1K to get a decent nights sleep. I've owned TT's, 5ers, and class A's - first time I've had a bed this bad especially for the money spent.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:57 PM   #75

I just bought one of these: Sweet RV Mattress

Its 10". I figure if it pushes up against the armoir (sp?) in the master bedroom it'll just smush up. It's got some weight to it too.

I'll be dropping it in the camper this weekend. The mattress comes in a box so I have to give it time to expand. I won't be able to test it out for awhile though.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #76

Funny that so many are displeased with Denver Mattress. We put a pad on ours in our '16 Greyhawk and find it very comfortable.
Colorado Springs, CO
JDSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:40 PM   #77

We just ordered this one 10” spring & foam mattress it arrives next week. My DW does not like the Denver mattress, even with a foam topper.
2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (our TOAD on a DEMCO Dolly)
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #78

2014 31fk with a Denver short queen...added1" walmart foam underneath mattress and a custom marriott topper. That did it for us 40 nights use last year. If it squishes more in coming seasons i will get another topper. But honestly DW is happy. Works for us..tricky thing a mattress set up but honestly when you get it right the rig is home..until you get it right...you are just a visitor!
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #79
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSport View Post
Funny that so many are displeased with Denver Mattress. We put a pad on ours in our '16 Greyhawk and find it very comfortable.
Ours was fine for about 6 months then it developed 2 ruts. It is now in the attic waiting on the trailers new owner.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:36 PM   #80

Our 2011 Greyhawk 31DS has a very comfortable mattress, a firm foam with a soft topper. Don't know what brand it is, maybe a Denver, will find the tag eventually, or not, there must be a tag or label on one side, or top or bottom? I've looked where would it be found?