Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2015, 03:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
We are negotiating to get a Sleep Number RV King 72x80 Premier for our camper. The price from the sleep number store is 1780.00. They beat CW's price by less than $100 bucks.
Keep your eye on CW. They have sales all the time and I got mine a lot cheaper than you were quoted. But then this was 4+ years or so ago. I would hope they wouldn't gone up that much in just 4+ years? But then who knows.

Would I buy the Sleep Number again? You bet, but then I full time so the price isn't a big issue, comfort is.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #22

Who in CT made your mattress?
hbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedown St. View Post
We all know the Denver mattress used in our late Greyhawks is horrible. I added a nice quality topper, which did make it better. After several nights of restless sleep though, we decided to make a change.

Ended up putting the Sleep Number short queen non radius cut in our GH, and I must say it is fabulous!! It takes up a little more space with the non radius cut, but the storage area under the bed was perfect for the air pump location and we couldn't be happier. Almost would rather sleep in the coach at home now...
Thank you for the info on the sleep number mattress Ryan. We are thinking of getting one once we get our 2016 Greyhawk 31FS. We love the one at home. I was wondering why you decided on the non-radius cut?

Thanks Ryan!

- James
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:53 AM   #24

I don't have any complaints about the Denver mattress in my X213.
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #25

We put a nice topper on that Denver mattress, too, and hubby swears he gets his best sleep there. Guess I'll think about the Sleep Number when I win the Lotto!
kozanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #26

We have not had a Sleep Number, but are considering. We have had the foam beds. How do I say, I sweat a lot? Those things are miserable. Have the Denver Matress and feeling we need to replace. We are almost "Full Timing" and the Denver Matress sinks more than Denver is high. We feel we are sleeping in individual chambers. Mine is full of sweat. Sorry for that visual picture. I expect to sleep on a mattress, not in it.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:54 PM   #27

Ric, you should have the new "upgraded" mattress that Jayco wants to send me to replace the Denver Weekender that is in my 36FK. Does your mattress have a label in it?

With having to slide under the closet furniture, my mattress height must be less than 8 inches. That's an absolute number based on my measurements. 7 inches would be ideal but not having much luck finding a 72x80 radiused king.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:22 AM   #28

WaltW,

Thank you for replying.

I guess that is why we are thinking about the Sleep Number Mattress. hoping it will deflate enough to allow slide to come in. Our Seneca 37FS has the mattress up against the slide and we have slept on it a couple of times with slide closed (mainly because of wind and noise of slide covers. Don't believe bed is any shorter, so I think slide just goes up against mattress and not over it. Will check that out in next couple of days.

Great thoughts! Glad you brought it to my attention, before we spend all the money.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
Old 11-27-2015, 08:43 AM   #29
Site Team

CW has the Sleep number radius king.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 12:54 PM   #30

Does it make some sense, that if the slide came right up against the foot of the bed, that a sleep number bed could be deflated some to make sure it fit or did not bind up the slide coming in from pressure against it?
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
Old 11-27-2015, 02:45 PM   #31

Ric, how long is your bed? Kings come in a variety of dimensions. If yours does not go under the overhung closet furniture then you should be able to use anything you want. Probably wouldn't have to deflate at all.

The Sleep Numbers have a semi rigid foam edge that the bags sit in. This might keep them from spreading out at the foot. We're going to a SleepNumber store to look at their product to see how pliable the edges are as deflating might let use squeeze under the closet. If we can't use the Sleep Number I am considering rebuilding the bed box to accommodate the 66 1/2 x 75 King or a Queen size depending on more detailed measurements.

I think a lot of folks who don't spend a month or more at a time in their RV don't understand the issue. Ours is good for about 2 weeks before you fall into the hole.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:09 PM   #32

WaltW.
Just measured it and it is 72" wide and 80" long. The sliding door closet but up against it. We are going to chance on a round corner sleep number 72x80 Sleep Number. Camping World has a great price and we will order to pick up at a store if we can. If not, we will order for delivery at our Winter Address.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
Old 11-27-2015, 04:46 PM   #33
Site Team

I'm not familiar with your rig but wanted to ask if there is any way to lower the bed a couple inches?
I have a sleep number and IMO it will be hard to get it to compress unless you let a lot of air out and then you would have to push down on it to compress the end as it went under the obstruction. It is nothing like the old air mattress as stated by another poster the bags are surrounded with foam all around and in the middle. Ask them about the model without the topper. It is not as thick. Also there is another company that makes them that are not as thick. A lot of trouble IMO.

Look at Adjustable Beds, Bed pillows, Bed sheets | Comfortaire It's the same company.

On my rig it would be a weekend project if I needed more clearance.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 11-27-2015, 06:22 PM   #34

norty1, if you have the Sleep Number RV mattress there is no rigid foam around the edges as there is on their residential Sleep Number mattresses. After my last post I went to the local Sleep Number store and that's what they told me. The RV is like their C2 model but without the rigid foam. So I also ordered one from CW as it was $800 cheaper. CW is carrying another inflatable mattress brand that does have the firm foam around the edges. Looking at the CW options led me to believe construction was the same….NOT.

No to lowering the bed. It's as low as it will go with the slide mechanism under it. The bed is also too low as is to be comfortable getting out of the bed. The Sleep Number will raise the height when inflated. I have 20 years of warranty to wear out the motor.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:37 PM   #35
Site Team

The one you buy at CW is made for them. I understood that it was not available from the Retail store. I will look up and post the model we have with dimensions. It's outside in the camper.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 11-28-2015, 08:54 AM   #36

norty1,

How long have you had your sleep number bed? And I'm thinking you are satisfied with it?
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
Old 11-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #37
Site Team

About 6 months. We love it.
I wish we had another in the house.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 11-29-2015, 06:57 AM   #38

Norty!,

Thanks for the reply. We ordered one from Camping World, yesterday. They've got a good sale going that ends Monday. Get an order placed and it will be honored with a rain check if they run out. That's a good deal!
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
Old 11-29-2015, 08:16 AM   #39
Site Team

Mattress Rave!!

Save yourself a $100.00 and assemble it yourself. It's easy and you learn a lot about it. I had to drill one hole for a power cord and also one small slot on the bed board for the air hose to come up at the head end. The inflation unit is underneath. We velcroed the remote above the headboard.
Our original mattress was not radius cut so we went with the standard corner.
Our new one weighs less than the old one.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 11-29-2015, 08:49 AM   #40

Oh absolutely! Holes drilled in our rig is almost always done by me. Moving south, we were running in to how to get the Sleep Number bed at the CW price. Melody at the Calera, Alabama CW, which is between Birmingham and Montgomery, made it happen.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse