Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #11

The sleep numbers are more money than I want to spend. I need to stay with the short queen as well, I cannot extend the base with out losing the walk around.

Any other options?

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #12

We just ordered one through Camping World. Read one of the almost daily e-mails they send and saw that it was on sale. The SKU is 31451 and it had good reviews. We usually only weekend camp so it won't see a ton of use. Besides, just about anything will be better than the joke of a mattress that came with the trailer!

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaul View Post
We just ordered one through Camping World. Read one of the almost daily e-mails they send and saw that it was on sale. The SKU is 31451 and it had good reviews. We usually only weekend camp so it won't see a ton of use. Besides, just about anything will be better than the joke of a mattress that came with the trailer!
Let me know what you think

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Old 12-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by reitrof View Post
We got one from Camping World and despite not being able to lie one to test it out, we went on the good reviews from the CW website and found the mattress to be very good. Firm and well made.

Joe & Barb
2006 Granite Ridge 2900GS
2015 Montana High Country 345RL
cdrcos@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #15

I find it interesting how many people replace their mattress or put significant toppers on them. And then every time I watch a dealer walk-through of a new model, they talk about how the Denver Mattress Eurotop is the best mattress in the RV industry, Jayco spends more money on that mattress than anyone else.

Epic Fail. After seeing numerous posts about RVers replacing or at the very minimum upgrading, and after having slept on the "upgraded premium mattress" and then investing in a topper to make it useable, I say toss that stupid thing! If Jayco spends more money on that mattress than any other manufacturer, it is NOT money well spent! It may be better than other RV mattresses, but that ain't sayin' much!

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #16

Bought a avena foam mattress from CW.We love it Catalog Item # 56064
mikesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrcos@gmail.com View Post
We got one from Camping World and despite not being able to lie one to test it out, we went on the good reviews from the CW website and found the mattress to be very good. Firm and well made.

Joe & Barb
Joe and Barb, did you get the same one as Bluehaul?

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Old 01-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #18

Well.. (cough).. um.. ya..

I replaced the mattress in mine this summer. Most RV places can order them for you. They are on a "good, better, best" range. Cost ranges from $500 ish to $1400.

Bought the "better" on myself. Could not be happier! No stiff shoulders, good night sleep.. should have done this years ago.
John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by reitrof View Post
Hi reitrof, sorry for the delayed reply - I can finally give a fairly thorough review of the mattress - one of the benefits of living out west is year round camping. We just got home from a week at the Pt. Mugu Naval Base RV park - right on the beach. My father-in-law is a retired Marine so he got us a couple of spots to ring in the new year. Now bearing in mind that our trailer is a 2013 and so it didn't come with Jayco's much-hyped Denver Mattress, ours is 100% better than the stock piece of junk that came with the rig. I'm so glad we made this purchase.

A tip - it does come rolled up in plastic, which exploded when I got about half way through it. I mean it went BOOM! Luckily I had the mattress in the rig and on the plywood base already before opening it. Heed that advise.

Another tip - the mattress had a funny smell. Not really off-putting, but you definitely notice it. The paperwork also says you should let it sit for 24 hours before using it. I opened it a week before we set out, and didn't put sheets on it until it was time to go. The smell was all but gone, and it had plenty of time to puff up before the trip.

All in all it was a very good purchase, one that I don't regret at all. I'm sure there are better mattresses out there; I've heard very good things about Sleep Number, but the cost is way more than I could justify for a weekend warrior. Besides, if I were going to get a Sleep Number, I'd have one at home before I got one in the trailer!

2003 Ford F-250 XLT Lariat
6.0L Powerstroke V8
2013 Jayco JayFlight 24FBS
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tekonsha P3
BlueHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:05 AM   #20

When we ordered out unit I did the upgrade to the pillow top mattress and what a joke it was, after sleeping 2 nights I was ready to buy a new sleep number but didn't want to drop another $900 that soon after purchasing the camper, my wife found THIS at kohls, yeah it look expensive but if you shop at kohls you know you rarely pay retail there, I find this more comfortable than the sleep number we have at home

1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote