Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2016, 09:35 AM   #31

I tried the mattress toppers and egg crates but wasnt happy. So i picked up a full size sealy mattress from costco. It is the same length as an rv queen but the trade off is it is not as wide. But it was also much cheaper then an rv queen and no more aching back in the morning.

Greyhawk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #32

We have our 2015 Seneca mattress being made to fit by a custom upholstery shop...

It's funny that our current dilemma has somehow been solved. Stacy(my not yet DW) and I have finally consolidated our two households this last week. We have been sleeping on my King Tempurpedic for the past few years, and she has a King Sleep Number in her house. We decided that the Sleep Number will replace the Temperpedic in the house, and are having the Tempurpedic customized to fit the RV-King in the Seneca.

One of the key things to watch out for, is the height of the mattress. Our bed slides in and under the cabinet / closet in the bedroom, and any replacement mattress or even a bed topper can not end up taller than what you can fit in when the slide comes in. Lucky for us, our tempurpedic is 8" tall like the original one is... AND we already know we love our mattress.

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #33

Here in Lafayette, LA (Cajun Country) we are fortunate in having Erwin's Mattress Mart. A Mom and Pop company with over 50 years experience in mattress building. Now being operated by a third generation Grandson....

We visited the store and chose an 8" medium to heavy foam (custom made) mattrass for our '16 Greyhawk 29MV.

We spent 6 weeks (mid June - first week of Aug) traveling the west, and slept so very well for the duration of our trip. It was a little expensive but well worth the $600+.

That's probably the last mattress we will purchase for this coach...

Toad - '16 Subaru Forester (Pearl White - manual transmission)
Blue Ox (everything) for the TOAD
EEZRV TPMS System
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:05 PM   #34

Boudreaux, we're gonna check out Erwin's this week while we are in Louisiana. Our second home is in Springfield so it's not that far of a drive. Our Denver mattress is killing us in our 2016 Seneca!

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Cajun View Post
Boudreaux, we're gonna check out Erwin's this week while we are in Louisiana. Our second home is in Springfield so it's not that far of a drive. Our Denver mattress is killing us in our 2016 Seneca!
Springfield, LA ... ??? Did your friends in that area experience any water issues....????

Call Scott Erwin ...... He will fix you up....

Irwin's Mattress Factory - Matress Sales | Lafayette LA

If you find yourselves in the Lafayette area and want to check out our mattress, send me a PM ......
EEZRV TPMS System
Old 09-20-2016, 07:17 AM   #36

We tried all sorts of "fixes"... two different toppers, foam under the mattress, finally layed down the $$$ for a sleep number and am finally satisfied. They had a 100 day return policy so figured we had nothing to lose.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #37

Yes Boudreaux, that's why were down here. Friends and family flooded. I think this is worse than Katrina. Our camp is 10 feet up and had 5 foot of water under it. Only our storage rooms underneath flooded. Whole lot better off than a lot of people! We're heading to Texas coast first week of October. How long does it take for them to make a mattress? Is your bed curved at the foot? We're thinking of going by there this week and pick it up on the way to Texas in October.

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Cajun View Post
We're heading to Texas coast first week of October. How long does it take for them to make a mattress? Is your bed curved at the foot? We're thinking of going by there this week and pick it up on the way to Texas in October.
I think it took Scott one week to make the mattress once we decided on the one we wanted. Call him. I'm sure he can answer all your questions. Yes, our queen is curve on each corner at the foot. He has some mattress made up but expect some waiting if you want it custom made......

EEZRV TPMS System