Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #21

Thanks Bluehaul. Good info. I will look into the unit.

Thanks Dirtfan but I've already done a mattress topper, looking to replace the mattress.

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #22

Sleep Number for me, but I am fulltime so the cost wasn't a factor.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #23

Birdfan here.
Our '14 G Hawk came with a Denver mattress, which is bad as far as we are concerned. Took it out, extended the plywood, installed a 110V recp under the bed and installed a sleep number bed. Nothing to it.
Birdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #24

Hello, we have a 2013 Greyhawk and as guessed the original mattress was crap. We just bought this short queen at Camping World in Mesa a couple days ago and seems to be 100% better.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-74-x-8-/31451

Robb
robbonon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbonon51 View Post
Hello, we have a 2013 Greyhawk and as guessed the original mattress was crap. We just bought this short queen at Camping World in Mesa a couple days ago and seems to be 100% better.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-74-x-8-/31451

Robb
How do you deal with the lack of rounded bottom corners? Getting in and out of the far side of the bed is already real tricky (especially in the middle of the night going to the toilet )

If I had anything better to do I would be doing it :)
snowbird47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #26

Mattress for 2011 Skylark 21FKV

Want to replace my mattress. How do I go about doing so? It's an odd shape.
Alohamaria66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:58 PM   #27

Measure it. Then go to google and shop. A lot of people get egg crate foam or memory foam and put that on their old matress to make it substantially better.

Denver mattress makes RV beds, maybe contact them. We don't know anything about your camper though, so maybe if you tell us what you have, better suggestions would be the result?
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:58 PM   #28

Short Queen replacement

We replaced ours with an Original Mattress Factory mattress. They can re-size the mattress to fit a short queen. Night and Day difference between what we have now and the Denver mattress it came with. We left the corners the regular shape and it worked better than the extra curved corners our 31DS had. Plus it only cost about $600 for the mattress.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex
jvteach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Measure it. Then go to google and shop. A lot of people get egg crate foam or memory foam and put that on their old matress to make it substantially better.
That's what we did. Added a nice mattress memory foam topper from Costco and it's like we have a new mattress.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:54 AM   #30

If you have a firm coil mattress a foam topper might help but if you have a foam mattress that is already way too soft a foam topper just makes the problem worse. I had read somewhere that after 3 inches of foam you're asking for back problems.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:35 AM   #31

I tried the mattress toppers and egg crates but wasnt happy. So i picked up a full size sealy mattress from costco. It is the same length as an rv queen but the trade off is it is not as wide. But it was also much cheaper then an rv queen and no more aching back in the morning.
Greyhawk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:39 PM   #32

We have our 2015 Seneca mattress being made to fit by a custom upholstery shop...

It's funny that our current dilemma has somehow been solved. Stacy(my not yet DW) and I have finally consolidated our two households this last week. We have been sleeping on my King Tempurpedic for the past few years, and she has a King Sleep Number in her house. We decided that the Sleep Number will replace the Temperpedic in the house, and are having the Tempurpedic customized to fit the RV-King in the Seneca.

One of the key things to watch out for, is the height of the mattress. Our bed slides in and under the cabinet / closet in the bedroom, and any replacement mattress or even a bed topper can not end up taller than what you can fit in when the slide comes in. Lucky for us, our tempurpedic is 8" tall like the original one is... AND we already know we love our mattress.
SloPoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:02 PM   #33

Here in Lafayette, LA (Cajun Country) we are fortunate in having Erwin's Mattress Mart. A Mom and Pop company with over 50 years experience in mattress building. Now being operated by a third generation Grandson....

We visited the store and chose an 8" medium to heavy foam (custom made) mattrass for our '16 Greyhawk 29MV.

We spent 6 weeks (mid June - first week of Aug) traveling the west, and slept so very well for the duration of our trip. It was a little expensive but well worth the $600+.

That's probably the last mattress we will purchase for this coach...

Toad - '16 Subaru Forester (Pearl White - manual transmission)
Blue Ox (everything) for the TOAD
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:05 PM   #34

Boudreaux, we're gonna check out Erwin's this week while we are in Louisiana. Our second home is in Springfield so it's not that far of a drive. Our Denver mattress is killing us in our 2016 Seneca!

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Cajun View Post
Boudreaux, we're gonna check out Erwin's this week while we are in Louisiana. Our second home is in Springfield so it's not that far of a drive. Our Denver mattress is killing us in our 2016 Seneca!
Springfield, LA ... ??? Did your friends in that area experience any water issues....????

Call Scott Erwin ...... He will fix you up....

Irwin's Mattress Factory - Matress Sales | Lafayette LA

If you find yourselves in the Lafayette area and want to check out our mattress, send me a PM ......
Old 09-20-2016, 06:17 AM   #36

We tried all sorts of "fixes"... two different toppers, foam under the mattress, finally layed down the $$$ for a sleep number and am finally satisfied. They had a 100 day return policy so figured we had nothing to lose.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:00 AM   #37

Yes Boudreaux, that's why were down here. Friends and family flooded. I think this is worse than Katrina. Our camp is 10 feet up and had 5 foot of water under it. Only our storage rooms underneath flooded. Whole lot better off than a lot of people! We're heading to Texas coast first week of October. How long does it take for them to make a mattress? Is your bed curved at the foot? We're thinking of going by there this week and pick it up on the way to Texas in October.

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:17 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Cajun View Post
We're heading to Texas coast first week of October. How long does it take for them to make a mattress? Is your bed curved at the foot? We're thinking of going by there this week and pick it up on the way to Texas in October.
I think it took Scott one week to make the mattress once we decided on the one we wanted. Call him. I'm sure he can answer all your questions. Yes, our queen is curve on each corner at the foot. He has some mattress made up but expect some waiting if you want it custom made......