Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2015, 07:48 AM   #21

gtsum2, I'm of the same opinion. I've had diesel cars, trucks and tractors, new and old, and never had one of those expensive repairs we keep hearing are part of diesel life. Not saying they're cheap to work on, I've just never had the experience.

While I'm at it, the led lights in the Seneca are bright. Can anyone tell me what exactly they are putting in? My led experience has been terrible.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #22

We purchased a new Seneca 37FK about 16 months ago and have used it several time, mostly long trips. Pulling our Jeep or F150 behind it we get consistent 10 MPG on fuel. These units are fantastic but we had a really bad air noise around the windshield. Took a while to figure it out but found it was coming from air passing over the recessed bolt holes in the upper mirror mounts. Much like blowing air over the top of a coke bottle as we did when we were kids. I cut out a triangle shaped piece of flexible rubber and tie strapped it over the mount. Problem fixed, love the Seneca.
byrdbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 03:09 PM   #23

I have about 15,000 mi. on my 2015 Seneca. The Freightliner drives,and handles like a pickup! The Rv is well balanced, and handles the wind effortlessly. We lone the extra sleepers for the grandkids. I had the Rv in to Freightliner twice. Once for a recall on the park brake, and once for warranty work on the park brake drum. Other than these two items, the M2 has given me excellent service! I pull a 4dor jeep in the mountains with no problems at all. Oh, I love that exhaust brake too!
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote