Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #21

Very easy to install
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #22

2013 Jayco Seneca Radio issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
This Spring the dash speakers are on the mods list!

By the way the sub I installed is an Alpine PWE-S8, mounted under the passenger seat. Fits great.
Thanks for all the great info. Is there a separate sub output on the back of the head unit or was the sub out accessible some other way?

I've had issues when I'm playing music via Bluetooth through the dash head unit. I hit a bump the music cuts out. I'm thinking a loose connection. Any thoughts on that since you've obviously had the head unit out.
Oldapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:09 AM   #23

I need to reroute the cable, but here's how I did mine. I printed a small bracket with a 3d printer for the SG and used a ram tough mount with 2 1" ball ends so I can swivel it to see better.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0528.jpg  
Old 06-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldapple View Post
Thanks for all the great info. Is there a separate sub output on the back of the head unit or was the sub out accessible some other way?

I've had issues when I'm playing music via Bluetooth through the dash head unit. I hit a bump the music cuts out. I'm thinking a loose connection. Any thoughts on that since you've obviously had the head unit out.
On my (former, see below) Clarion NX501 bluetooth was built into the unit, no accessible connection to get loose. Not sure how one might fix an internal issue.

The subwoofer did have an identified RCA connector in one of the several wire harnesses coming off the back, removal of the unit from the dash is necessary to access. Also in the radio's main power/ground/speaker leads harness is an "amp turn-on" lead that can be connected to the sub to turn it on when the radio comes on. To power the sub I ran the 8 gauge power wire under the carpet along the cab step-down to the power module under the driver's seat. There was an unused always-hot power connection there where I installed an AMI-style fuse (like the two others there from Freightliner).

Referring to my radio, the stock Clarion mostly died. Only some functions worked, and then only intermittently. So I put in a Clarion NX706. This unit did everything the old one did, and more. It has HDMI-in so I can view my dashcam cam on a larger screen. I could have tried to get Jayco to warranty the radio, but they would likely would have replaced it with something even less than the original. This new unit has a nice user interface and I like it very much so far.

Yes - I'm nuts!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:20 PM   #25

That is a great idea....on the list for the next time the dash is apart!
KuhlmanaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenRush View Post
I was thinking the same thing! The man keeps spending my money with his ideas!
HI Robby ,
in regards to your 6 volt battery pack system, do you happen to have
a picture of how you wired the system?
Thanks
srxhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by srxhare View Post
HI Robby ,
in regards to your 6 volt battery pack system, do you happen to have
a picture of how you wired the system?
Thanks
I do have an overhead view I took and annotated last year to answer another member's question. I apologize for how dirty the batteries are, but the picture was taken in the middle of a trip. And as we know, the battery compartment is open to road spray!

To explain a bit, the batteries are series-connected in pairs, the two batteries closest to the front are one pair (left in the picture), the two towards the rear (right in the picture) are the second pair. You can see the cables connecting the two batteries in series for each pair together to give each bank 12-volts. You can also easily see the cable towards the bottom of the picture that ties the two banks together in parallel at their negative terminals. There also a cable at the positive ends of the banks but it isn't easily visible in the pictures but the arrow points out part of it.

You can also see where I identified the connections leaving the batteries, as well as the HydroLink system I installed to make watering the batteries super easy and foolproof.

If I can add any other info just holler!
Attached Thumbnails
Battery wiring.jpg  
Old 01-07-2018, 08:48 PM   #28

Scanguage

If you contact Scanguage they will replace the wire with the correct wire - the new one actually plugs in ( instead of a small magnetic pull ) and also has a set screw to hold it on but the set screw isn't necessary - the customer service is AWESOME

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:12 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis02 View Post
I need to reroute the cable, but here's how I did mine. I printed a small bracket with a 3d printer for the SG and used a ram tough mount with 2 1" ball ends so I can swivel it to see better.
Since I never use the sun visor (the overhead bunk is the sun visor lol), I routed the Scan Gauge cable under the rubberized door trim to the sun visor. The Scan Gauge is held perfectly between the sun visor and the bottom of the headliner. Another advantage to this is you just need to glance up a small bit to see the gauge which allows you to keep your eyes on the road a lot easier for a safer drive. If you did use your sun visor, you could Velcro the gauge to the headliner.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:03 PM   #30

Man ! I thought I have done a few upgrades to mine, but I see by Robbbyr list's I haven't even scratched the surface. I know that a lot of the ones he has done are on my list. It is nice to know once you proceed with a project, seasoned help and sound advice is a click away. Now just to find the time between trips to complete a few. You guy's are the lucky one's that live in a climate where you can tinker on them for more than 5 months a year, while having to travel in that same time frame. Mine is in storage under a heavy snow fall warning and temps in the -20 to -30"s now. End of march can't come soon enough, dig her out get her home and work on the warm days which up here at that time of year are in the -5 to +8 's range. So there may be a few questions coming in the near future on some of these great upgrades.
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:24 PM   #31

I mourn too when winter arrives here in Ohio, mine is also "sleeping" in storage and it pains me greatly! Got a new list for 2018, will update when Spring hits!

And I sincerely do enjoy using my experiences to help others when I can. And many others here have inspired and helped me greatly. JOF is the best forum I have participated in.