Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2016, 08:26 PM   #21

Very easy to install

Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #22

2013 Jayco Seneca Radio issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
This Spring the dash speakers are on the mods list!

By the way the sub I installed is an Alpine PWE-S8, mounted under the passenger seat. Fits great.
Thanks for all the great info. Is there a separate sub output on the back of the head unit or was the sub out accessible some other way?

I've had issues when I'm playing music via Bluetooth through the dash head unit. I hit a bump the music cuts out. I'm thinking a loose connection. Any thoughts on that since you've obviously had the head unit out.

Oldapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #23

I need to reroute the cable, but here's how I did mine. I printed a small bracket with a 3d printer for the SG and used a ram tough mount with 2 1" ball ends so I can swivel it to see better.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0528.jpg  
Old 06-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldapple View Post
Thanks for all the great info. Is there a separate sub output on the back of the head unit or was the sub out accessible some other way?

I've had issues when I'm playing music via Bluetooth through the dash head unit. I hit a bump the music cuts out. I'm thinking a loose connection. Any thoughts on that since you've obviously had the head unit out.
On my (former, see below) Clarion NX501 bluetooth was built into the unit, no accessible connection to get loose. Not sure how one might fix an internal issue.

The subwoofer did have an identified RCA connector in one of the several wire harnesses coming off the back, removal of the unit from the dash is necessary to access. Also in the radio's main power/ground/speaker leads harness is an "amp turn-on" lead that can be connected to the sub to turn it on when the radio comes on. To power the sub I ran the 8 gauge power wire under the carpet along the cab step-down to the power module under the driver's seat. There was an unused always-hot power connection there where I installed an AMI-style fuse (like the two others there from Freightliner).

Referring to my radio, the stock Clarion mostly died. Only some functions worked, and then only intermittently. So I put in a Clarion NX706. This unit did everything the old one did, and more. It has HDMI-in so I can view my dashcam cam on a larger screen. I could have tried to get Jayco to warranty the radio, but they would likely would have replaced it with something even less than the original. This new unit has a nice user interface and I like it very much so far.

Yes - I'm nuts!
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #25

That is a great idea....on the list for the next time the dash is apart!

KuhlmanaZ is offline   Reply With Quote