Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2016, 05:32 PM   #1
Krz

Need help

I have a 2014 Seneca fs with the in wall slide out. I have on 6200 miles on the rv and experiencing slide out problems. Just completed a 1000 mile trip with no issues, however one I got home and opened the slide to remove my items, the slide would not fully come in and seemed to be on an angle. Finally got slide in but now it only goes out a few inches and seems to be out of align. Went to slide out manufacturer website and followed video on how to realign. Did not change. Any ideas? Any one know the location of controller or Module for the in wall slide out?
Krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:54 PM   #2

T have a 31 SS that control module is under my bed
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #3
Krz

Nothing under my bed that I can remember. Slide out closes over front part of my bed and have no way to get under it. It will only open a few inches. Is your main fuse panel located on side of your bed like mine?
Old 08-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #4

yes it is my module is small laying in wiring next to inverter
Old 08-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #5

YOUR SLIDE-OUT CONTROLLER
The slide-out control unit for your slide-out system is located near the motor assembly.
This unit is controlled by the switch panel located in the main living area. It activates
both the motor and the slide-out alarm when the switch panel is operated. It also limits
the amount of power the drive motor can draw, shutting off the system when the motor
load exceeds the control’s setting.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:50 PM   #6

That is what it says in the Seneca manual
Old 08-04-2016, 08:48 PM   #7

You are having problems with the bedroom/bunk bed slide? The controller is under the drawers under the wardrobe on the FS. The slide has to be out to remove the drawer I was told by the tech. I've had problems with the same slide. What the video might not mention is to hold the switch 5 to 10 seconds after fully retracting and extending to re-calibrate.
They replaced the 300 rpm motors with 500 rpm and am now a happy camper after 30 or so in/outs.
The killer is to stop before fully in or out. The controller counts revolutions.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:07 AM   #8

I wonder if using transit bars would help keep this from happening? I know that there are lots of folks that totally ignore the use of transit bars, but it seems to me that they must be there for a purpose. My idea is that if I am traveling >100 miles, I will use the transit bars.

Did your Seneca come with them?
Old 08-05-2016, 12:31 PM   #9
Krz

No transit bars came with motor home. Will try to get slide out enough to get the drawers out and find that control module. Hope I do not have to replace motors. No local jayco dealers around. Closest rv dealer is a month out with scheduling. May have to do myself.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #10
Krz

FYI... For those of you with a 2014 Seneca fs, The control module for the full wall slide out is located under the rear bed by the fuse boxes. Need to take the cover off that hides all the wiring under the bed. Going to reroute my module to outside of bed near fuse panel for better access.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:12 PM   #11
Krz

Removed both slide motors. Found one motor with a broken wire. Same motor with the broken wire was an odd ball motor that was not even offered from the factory. Obviously someone replaced this motor before and did a terrible job routing the wires. Going to get two new motors and cross my fingers. Thanks for all the ideas and tips.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:17 AM   #12
Krz

Motors came...Installed 2 new slide out motors, re-caulked and installed all seals, made sure to reroute wires properly. Works properly!!!!!! Saved time and money verses taking to dealer for repair.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:38 PM   #13

Nice job!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:59 AM   #14

I had the same issue with the Bunk Slide on our '14 FS. Drove it to Indiana once to have Jayco look at it and still had the issue on the very next trip. Jayco shipped me the two 500rpm motors, I replaced them myself (pretty easy) and, knock on wood, no issues since...but this was after nearly two years of dealing with the issue. This was a big frustration every trip when pulling into our spot and having issues right off the bat with the slide. Jayco said since Power Gear bought Schwintek things have been a lot better so newer Senecas shouldn't have the issue. Glad to hear we are getting our issues fixed so we can enjoy camping more.
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer or 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #15
Krz

I could not agree with you more....
I was going to upgrade to the 500rpm motors but just decided to stay stock.
Took camping over Labor Day Weekend and slide out worked great with no issues.
Was a pain to repair myself but, have no real dealers around area to perform repair. I called a Jayco Dealer near by and was told that they do not service Senecas..I asked why and they said they do not even sell them due to high price. When I called another local dealer to ask about time table to get an appointment the first question they asked was if I bought the unit from them (I bought out of state)....I knew what was going to happen from there.....I was given an appointment date that was well over a month away.
Ordered parts, installed myself!!!!!
Old 09-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #16

As always, necessity becomes the mother of invention, and you likely did as good a job as the service techs would do.

Could have been worse. A friend had his large slide completely fall out of his 5er onto the ground outside while deploying. Not a Jayco 5er. Haven't talked to him. I just found out second hand. That has to be a real bear to fix.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:53 PM   #17
Krz

wow!!!!!