Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2016, 10:27 PM   #1

New 2017 37TS Seneca

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } Hi all, my wife and I just picked up our 2017 Seneca 37TS from Indiana RV Connection in Indiana and drove it back to Colorado. It drove really nice considering the winds (15-30+MPH )we drove through from Indiana to the middle of Nebraska. I notice some people posted they had their luggage doors open while in motion this did not occur for the 1100 miles we drove. In fact the day we picked the Seneca up we stayed at IRVC for the night and it rained hard with high winds all night long. We had no water or wind issues or concerns this was a great break in test.

I have a few questions which I do not see on the manual(s):
  1. Are the water tanks heated? I saw in the 2016 literature they were, in the 2017 there's no mention about the tanks being heated.
  2. Is there any information on how to use the entertainment setup / system? There are not Doc on the system. The system is way different from previous years (from what i've read). There's an HDMI switch where all 3 TVs are connect VIA CAT 5/6 cabling. Can the TV sound be routed to the speakers in the Seneca VS the TV speakers? I see there are Audio cables coming out of the TV then into the wall. Where are the cables going to?
  3. How much weight can each cargo bay hold?

Well that's about all the question I have, off to explore the new beast.

Thanks for any info
JB
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:39 AM   #2

Congratulations johnboy! What colors did you get? Other options?

We just ordered our 37FS on Friday from RVOne. Hope to know by the end of next week what the estimated delivery date is. We'll be picking-up ours in Tampa so we'll only have a 350 mile return trip . We ordered the antique ivory exterior with sterling interior, theater seating and the stackable washer/dryer. Can't wait...got to get busy on our parking pad.

Enjoy!
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:18 AM   #3

Hello javamon,
to estimate your delivery our deliver was
CONTRACT DATE 8/18/2016

ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE 11/16/2016

it was ready by 11/7/16

The colors are:
Interior - Sterling

Exterior - Sun Dial
Option:

Dinette w/HAB Ensemble

Frt Entertain Ctr W/LED TV

This week been reading, organizing, customizing.....the list goes on, lots to learn. We came home Tuesday evening glad the weather was on our side minus the crazy winds that was knocking the 18 wheelers around.
Good luck with yours as well.

JB

Old 12-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #4

1. Are the water tanks heated? I saw in the 2016 literature they were, in the 2017 there's no mention about the tanks being heated.

I have a 2016 37FS, I have NO switches for heater pads or electric heaters that I can see. However on my window sticker, it does say it has tank heating. I need to get a hold of Jayco directly on this, however what others have stated with older ones is that the gas furnace has a vent to heat the tanks and some storage area.
  2. Is there any information on how to use the entertainment setup / system? There are not Doc on the system. The system is way different from previous years (from what i've read). There's an HDMI switch where all 3 TVs are connect VIA CAT 5/6 cabling. Can the TV sound be routed to the speakers in the Seneca VS the TV speakers? I see there are Audio cables coming out of the TV then into the wall. Where are the cables going to?

There is no info on this, but since I do IT, and AV for a living, I reverse engineered what they did to understand it. That HDMI switch is nice. It has 4 inputs to it (only the blueray is connected by default) but you can route that blueray player to any TV in the coach. The 4 button remote is setup by TV. Number 1 is the living room TV, number 2 is the bedroom TV and number 3 is the outside TV. Pressing the button will switch what input that TV is going to get...pushing the button multiple times will cycle through those inputs. I installed a satellite system and used input number 2. Now all my TV's can get that signal by using the HDMI switcher. Since the remote uses RF instead of IR to talk to the receiver, and all the TV's are Furrion, I can just take the remote to the TV I want and turn it on and change the channels asd what not. Now I have the previous generation Jensen head unit in the cab instead of the new Pioneer unit that you should have. On my Jenson, aux 2 is the input from the audio of the living room TV.
  3. How much weight can each cargo bay hold?
    I wish I knew the answer to this one. But I would be comfortable putting 200 or so lbs of stuff in them. I know they are plastic, but I can tell you that they are thick. I had my dealer put a small hole in mine, next to my macerater since the 3" pipe connector never is fully dry when you take the pipe off after winterizing or what not. Some water/pink stuff pooled up under the macerator, so I had them drill a hole so it would drain. It took a nice sharp bit and some energy to do it so I know that plastic does have some strength to it.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:24 PM   #5

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the answers.
Yes I believe all the tanks are kept warm by the furnace vents as you stated. They say that for the 16's but its not stated for the 17's. I assume it has not changed seeing that the tanks (gray & black) were not frozen. The past 4 days here in CO the temps dropped down into the teens I did keep the furnace on and when I finally put the beast into indoor storage after dumping the tanks at the storage site and no ice issue.

Thanks for all the AV info!!! I do have the Pioneer system read about the issue they had with the Jensen. (I'm glad there's not a GPS system in the Pioneer I hate the built in GPS system. (My 2011 Charger R/T would not do an update after weeks working with Garmin, dealer, & the company I purchased the update from. I found the resolution and resolved it myself. Did tell the dealer the resolution because they did their best and the Tech manager was very professional and forthcoming) My home system has basically the same HDMI box with 4 selections. So I understand how this all works, yep I too work in IT. So... from what you're saying I have to use the pioneer system to route the sound to the speakers. Makes complete sense seeing that on our 5th wheel (we had before the Seneca) it worked the same way through the entertainment system, So...the Pioneer ISssss the entertainment system got it. Just wished they document this, that's where the audio cables are going to.
The satellite info is great info as well.

That's good to hear how thick the plastic is because when we were gone for more than a week I bring my Power-blocks (selector size dumbbells)for exercising and they each weight 90#s.

Thanks for all your input Ryan much appreciated!!!
JB
Old 01-14-2017, 03:58 AM   #6

Indiana RN Conection

Johnboy,
What was your opinion of the dealership you purchased from. I planned on buying a leftover '15 FK from them this past November and was all set to take delivery but then, after weeks with no reply from Kyle (the manager) or my salesman Ro. I.e. (Who am am told was left go) I was left dealing with Jamie in financing. We found her to be very rude (which is identified in other reviews) and my wife cancelled the sale based on her interaction and told her not to run credit. She ran credit anyway and then Kyle demanded we continue with the sale. We are personally glad we did not buy from them but wanted to hear your opinion.
McGintys924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Johnboy,
What was your opinion of the dealership you purchased from. I planned on buying a leftover '15 FK from them this past November and was all set to take delivery but then, after weeks with no reply from Kyle (the manager) or my salesman Ro. I.e. (Who am am told was left go) I was left dealing with Jamie in financing. We found her to be very rude (which is identified in other reviews) and my wife cancelled the sale based on her interaction and told her not to run credit. She ran credit anyway and then Kyle demanded we continue with the sale. We are personally glad we did not buy from them but wanted to hear your opinion.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } Good evening McGintys924
We only dealt with Jamie on doing all the final paper work. She was not our sales rep,our sales rep was Shannon in California. We purchase our RV through Rvexpress.com, they have 3 dealership in California and the one in Indiana (Indiana RV Direct). Yes Jamie does not seem to be fully on board. She forget to give us our temp tags and the manuals for the Frightliner, Cummins Engine, and the Allison Transmission. We stood the night on their site and the following day I needed to talk to the tech person that did the walk through. When I walked in Jamie saw me and called me and said here are the books I forgot to give you. I asked here if there was any thing else you forgot? Alluding to the temp tags that I went back into the store to get the day before. She said oh no I was watching you and I would have contacted you before you left. So I'm thinking really why didn't you call me. She also SCREW up BIG time on the registration process. The registration check was suppose to go to our county, that got misfiled at the dealership. I sent an email out to Jamie and Shannon. Shannon emailed me back very quickly and also called to explain the issue. We had to wait after New Years as the dealership was closed for the holidays. Once Shannon got the needed information from Jamie she promptly called me and was very helpful. I also found out from Shannon that I need to get a VIN inspection if you purchase a vehicle out of state. She asked me if Jamie explained that to me. I told her no I was not aware and what is the VIN inspection. She explained it to me and sent me the form for CO. I got the VIN inspection yesterday the Code enforcement for the Windsor police did mine. Came out to the indoor storage site (2 miles from the police station) and did it. Shannon was on the phone with Weld county office to see if they received all the paper work (which they finally did) and relayed the person's name and phone # to me. Whom I already contacted about the VIN inspection. My temp tags are expired and Shannon tried to get me another 45 days but found out that Indiana only issues one per VIN #. So I'll be heading over to get my license in the following weeks. One other item on Jamie's plate is to refund us for the Jayco 8yr service plan that I cancelled. I knew I could get a better program through Good Sam club. In closing she was not rude but not all there.