Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #1

New Keyless Entries

So I couldn't get into my Greyhawk when I got it home.

Deadbolt that wasn't engaged when I left somehow engaged on the trip home from the dealer. While at the dealer for the walk through they weren't real familiar with the keyless entries and said information to reprogram should be in manual.

So it default code was not in the manual, in fact no mention of keyless enty anywhere in the 1 foot of documentation that I had.

I finally found it after searching for a while in a 2012 Jay Flight manual. So find that in order to know how to reprogram it. Meanwhile if you need it: The default Access code is 1-3-5-7-9 which I should have guessed if I hadn't been up for 12 hours.
cat_and_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #2

Congratulations on your new Greyhawk. You'll really enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_and_matt View Post
While at the dealer for the walk through they weren't real familiar with the keyless entries and said information to reprogram should be in manual.
Your situation was like having a shiny new Christmas present, but not being able to open it. How frustrating.

Your dealer sounds like a real turkey. Maybe scout around for another (hopefully nearby) dealer who feels customer service includes showing a new owner how to get into their purchase
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #3

I have the 2012 31FS. I have the keyless entry issue. No mention whatsoever in manual, dealer is clueless. So??? And I also locked myself out and have no idea how. So now I hide a key. If anyone knows about keyless entry please advise!
LeilaKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #4

I received a seperate 2 page paper on it with all my stuff. The dealer copied it for me from somewhere. I can copy it and post it when I get home.
I have not reprogrammed it yet, but will be doing it today. I will post later.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #5

When I purchased my 31SS, the salesman asked me what I wanted for a code and he programed it himself, so must not be all that difficult. Since then I have had no reason to change it and probably never will.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:30 AM   #6

My truck has the push-button entrance lock on the drivers door so the best place for us to keep all of our spare keys is in the truck. I can gain entrance to my truck using the push button lock...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
Congratulations on your new Greyhawk. You'll really enjoy it.

Your dealer sounds like a real turkey. Maybe scout around for another (hopefully nearby) dealer who feels customer service includes showing a new owner how to get into their purchase
The lack of knowledge some dealers have about the product they are selling blows me away. I drove 2-1/2 hours to get my camper only because they were the closest dealer that had the X19H in stock at the time. I found out real quick how little they actually knew about their product.

cat & matt....I would be sure to mention this when you receive your survey for your new trailer. Not sure if it does any good or not.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #8

Mine is a Bauer keyless entry. You can go to their website and they have detailed videos on how to reprogram and also replacing batteries.

http://www.bauerproducts.com/

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:44 AM   #9

Go thru yoir pile of manuals again. I put out feelers also and didn't really get an accurate answer. Finally found a 3 or 4 page document that told me how to do anything I want to do. Also I see that there a lot of similar, but different locksets. Mine gets it's power from the rig itself, no batteries, etc.
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #10

Forgot to mention. I, we all, get that 1 foot stack of literature. I spent one whole evening cutting out the foreign language part, punched holes in the papers and put everything in a 3 ring binder with dividers labeled for each part. Also copied the websites pic of my rig with the floor plan and printed them out on photo paper and glued to the front of the binder. Everything is in one place and easy to find what I'm looking for. The throw away stuff weighed a ton!!
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote