Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #1

New Member 2016 Greyhawk 31FS

Hello all, picking up our new Greyhawk 31 FS on Monday.
Any delivery-inspection info/tips would be great. I had read about vibration issues on here, but did not have any on test drive. Got it up to 70 mph on freeway. No problems. Salesman said they have taken care of it. We are planning on leaving for spring break in a couple weeks. So any shake down advice would be great. Thanks
Midwest Jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new Greyhawk and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:43 PM   #3
WDW

Congrat! GH is a great vehicle. Eventually you need to take every drawer out look under them, open up all of the screwed panels and inspect what is behind them. Hopefully no surprises however, you will learn and in some cases folks have found issues that need attention. Think of it as prevention and education.

Good luck!

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #4

Congratulations on the new coach. I think Ford resolved the vibration issue on the drive train.

My Grey Hawk 29MV is only three weeks old, and "NO VIBRATION" issues that I can feel..

Toad - '16 Subaru Forester (Pearl White - manual transmission)
Blue Ox (everything) for the TOAD
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:45 AM   #5

I bought my 2016 29MV last July. It was one of the first 2016's to be sold. It came with the 60MPH vibration. Some time after that many Class C's were sitting on lots waiting for the fix. Most of the 2016's were fixed before being sold by the different manufacturers including Jayco. My 29MV was back in Indiana to get some collision repairs (not my fault!) and the factory repaired the vibration. I drove it home 750 miles after the repair and it worked very well. The 6 speed tranny is a big improvement on my last Greyhawk with a 4 speed. Enjoy your new Greyhawks - my handles very well even in windy conditions on the interstate.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Congrat! GH is a great vehicle. Eventually you need to take every drawer out look under them, open up all of the screwed panels and inspect what is behind them. Hopefully no surprises however, you will learn and in some cases folks have found issues that need attention. Think of it as prevention and education.

Good luck!
WDW, what exactly am I looking for behind the panels and drawers? I have owned several "NEW" rv's and have never been impressed with quality control. They figure if you can't see it, it doesn't need to be cleaned. Oh well, that's why I will shake it down before we leave on vacation. Thanks
Old 03-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #7

Congratulations and welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #8

Camper Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
Congratulations on the new coach. I think Ford resolved the vibration issue on the drive train.

My Grey Hawk 29MV is only three weeks old, and "NO VIBRATION" issues that I can feel..

Same with my Grey Hawk. No vibration
Camper Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:23 AM   #9

Camper Bill

Hello All,
Glad to find this site. Recently bought my 2016 Greyhawk. Have really enjoyed it. I have owned Jayco campers for a lot of years, first motor home though.
I would like to know if anyone has trouble with their coach door. Mine squeaks while traveling. I am not impressed with the dead bolt being the only lock as well. When locked it will open off its first pull latch and open about an eight inch. Enough for someone to get a screw driver in for prying open.
Any help or opinions welcome.
Thanks.
Camper Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #10

We have the Redhawk 29XK. Had same squeak. Drove the DW nuts.....well more nuts. Applied Teflon spray lube to the striker plate and the area of the 2 studs in the door and frame where it latches. Let it dry. No more squeak. YMMV

Charlie, Meg and Corky the Maltese Dog
2016 Redhawk 29XK "Corky's House"
Freeport, FL
corky111111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:18 AM   #11

Took delivery yesterday of 31FS

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1457450024

Pic of the new rig and tow vehicle leaving the dealership. 3 hour ride home went great and averaged 9 mpg with toad. Looking forward to spring break trip in a couple weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 03-09-2016, 08:59 AM   #12

Congratulations, looks great! We have a 2014 31FS and also in Michigan. Enjoy!
landinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:23 PM   #13

We bought 31DS in September had the vibration problem, water pump problem, hot water problem, and several other small problems Which was minor. Have taken Rv on two long weekends and we have only had Rv in our possession for 1 and 1/2 months Dealer has had it the rest of the time. So last weekend was the second trip Still have a little vibration, water heater will not produce a constant water temperature using water pump or city water, have went through three tanks of water at home adjusting everything and water temperature is cold to warm to burning hot no matter what its set on.(TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP) So then to top it off the heat pump quit working in middle of night and woke up to Rv being 60 degrees good thing for gas heat. So back to dealer again.

We have always had travel trailers or 5th wheel campers, wanted to go to Class C and did a **** ton of research and thought we was buying one of the top of Line RV in Jayco and I was SO WRONG WHAT A TOTAL PIECE OF JUNK.We have talked to several Jayco owners and they LOVE there RV I guess we got one built after LONG HOLIDAY WEEKEND SORRY FOR LONG VENTING AND HOPE YOU HAVE VERY GOOD LUCK WITH RV
fred639 is offline   Reply With Quote