Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #1

New Owner of Greyhawk M-30GS

Hi guys I just purchased a 2005 Greyhawk and just before I took possesion of it I had an RV inspector from the dealer where the seller bought this motorhome and I had him go to inspect the motorhome which was probably the best 89.00 I ever spent. He told me about the roof that Jayco apparently had used on their RV's for a few years (2004-2006 1/2) and the rubber material apparently had a backing material to it that would instead of dispersing any water it held it and wound up rotting the sheathing right under it. So as long as the MH was under warranty they were replacing it at no charge. So because of him I had the seller replace the entire roof on the MH, also found out that the rear passenger side of the MH apparently was coming apart due to the minimum amount of fasteners that were put in so he took care of putting a lot more on both sides right at the corner bead.
easyryder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #2

That is very rare for Jayco. I am on my second, and have never had to take either in for warranty work. What small issues did come up, I fixed them myself....
Old 09-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #3

Class C Greyhawk 33DS

I have a 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 33DS (Kodiak chassis)....other than a few 'minor' adjustments it has performed very well. Jayco has been great to deal with and have taken care of any item I've approached them with in a timely fashion. (wish I could say the same for the dealer I purchased the unit from..but I let Jayco put the squeeze on them :-)).....
Karengendron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #4

Would you guys actually suggest that the rv inspector was lieing to me ? Because he didn't even get the job. WHy would he even lie ? I mean either way I got a new roof out of it and it is under warranty all over again.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #5

Roodfing material

I'm curious about the roofing material used. I have an '06 Greyhawk and it has the TPO roof, no problems so far, and Jayco says they have switched to that material instead of the EPDM but I've heard from others on another forum that they are using both. Did the inspector say which is which, and also the warranty from Jayco (at least on mine) only warranties the roofing material to the original owner. You bought yours used, as I did also so I'm surprised you got a replacement. Jerry

Sorry for the typo on the header, I can't seem to edit it out.
jerrybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #6

I need to ask him again what the letters are for my roof that was on the MH originally, and the seller payed for the roof to be done, not Jayco. They gave me the same answer that apparently they gave you. I will find out what the material was called and I will post it here. Good luck with your RV you may have the new stuff like I was told which is better.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #7

Re Jayco roofs

The TPO I think is the later material and it's textured. My last MH had the EPDM which was smooth but that material tends to chalk but the chalking actually is protection. The TPO I have now stays clean and I don't get streaks down the sides like I did before.
jerrybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #8

The roofing material name was TPO as per the installers. It is the textured stuff.