Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2016, 07:11 PM   #71

I used the switch for the OEM horn on the wheel. I used sealed (weatherproof) inline electrical connectors to connect my wiring just above the not very impressive stock horn. it sounds amazing not a deep as I would like, but still world's better than stock. ;-)

Thanks for the tip on moving the passenger power window switch, I completed that this weekend when I added the brake controller. I am going to be picking your brain here soon for the power locking compartment particulars.

2016 Seneca 37FS
jestew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:24 PM   #72
Originally Posted by jestew3 View Post
I am going to be picking your brain here soon for the power locking compartment particulars.
I have not (yet) tackled central compartment locking, but it is something I am still researching. I did install remotes on the cab door locks and the system I used has extra unused channels that I could use to control compartment locks once I engineer something.

Thanks for the horn wiring info, that is how I planned to do it too. Could get "fancy" and install an air horn/electric horn switch like many big trucks have, but probably more trouble than it would be worth!

Rob Ross
Akron, OH
2014 Seneca 37TS
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:55 PM   #73
Our Seneca has an air horn that is tapped into the chassis air system. We didn't have it done, though, the previous owner (who had it for all of 2 weeks before trading up to a Newmar) had it added. There is a toggle switch on the dash to select "city" or air horn.

The air horn is just plain awesome.

Ty & Deb Montag
Columbus, OH
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2014 Honda CR-V toad
anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote