Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2015, 12:00 AM   #1

New Seneca Pricing?

We're close to pulling the trigger on a 2015 Seneca 36FK but were wondering where we should be on price. We only have one "local" dealer and everyone else we've called/emailed in other states are all at the same price, $160k - which seems to be the same listed price you can find them on RV Trader.

Based on what we've seen with the margin on other RV's, we're thinking there should still be about another $5-10k in there for the dealer to take off. Would be curious if anyone is willing to share what they happened to pay for their 2015 (or PM us) or just give us some sort of idea if we're on the right track.

Thanks!
weretherussos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:04 AM   #2

The West coast is one of the big "Super C" markets so the discounts may not be as generous as other units. Hopefully someone who has purchased in your area will chime in.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:56 AM   #3

We're thinking that with the 2016's hitting the lots, some may be more willing to deal on the 15's than 2 months ago.
RockHaulerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #4

Rock - we were thinking the same thing.

Grumpy - I figured the west coast market tends to be a bit higher, however we've been calling around the country and everyone seems to be in lock step about the $160k price tag.
weretherussos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #5

In an earlier post when they asked for what you paid for your rig, I made a statement that you pay a little more on the west coast due to more demand. Looking at Class C's at Richardson's RV and looking at the price you mentioned. It looks like it's far less then a 25-30% discount.

You can always ask for a better price and if you don't get it..... walk away.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:59 AM   #6

I bought mine in Los Vegas. Johney Walker RV. They were easy to work with. Ask for JJ. It's no issue buying out of state if the price is where you need it to be. Good luck.
Doormandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doormandan View Post
I bought mine in Los Vegas. Johney Walker RV. They were easy to work with. Ask for JJ. It's no issue buying out of state if the price is where you need it to be. Good luck.
Hopefully they have better pricing than is shown on the web site as I've seen much better.

Jaco has got to add a RR option. I hate a RV refrigerator and won't buy a coach if there isn't an RR option. The competition has RR as standard, with an RV one optional, so they are leaving the Seneca behind.

In addition an upgrade to the Cummins 9L over the 6.7 along with the Alison 3200 transmission would be nice as well.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
In addition an upgrade to the Cummins 9L over the 6.7 along with the Alison 3200 transmission would be nice as well.
I couldn't agree with you more on that statement. I understand that the builders want to try and keep the pricing a little reasonable. But, if you really break it down, a little bigger motor and transmission would make if easier, safer and cheaper in the long run.

Larry
RockHaulerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHaulerLarry View Post
I couldn't agree with you more on that statement. I understand that the builders want to try and keep the pricing a little reasonable. But, if you really break it down, a little bigger motor and transmission would make if easier, safer and cheaper in the long run.

Larry
I'm just guessing but I suspect about $20K to $25K at MSRP. I think the frame is about an inch taller but I don't think there would be much else needs to change. It would up the towing to 20K and up the GVWR I think to somewhere around 33K or more. Not sure what it would do to the milage.

On the RR this Whirlpool should fit in the same basic space although the cabinet might have to be about an inch deeper. In most of the floor plans an inch wouldn't even be noticeable. OMT, it looks like the RV ref is much wider so you would have room for some pantry space next to the RR.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #10

While choices are never a bad thing, I am very happy my Seneca has an RV refrigerator versus a RR. I have all the capacity (and more) that I need and my unit works very well. While I have four coach batteries stock, I wonder how long even they would last dry camping running a RR through the inverter. As someone who boondocks periodically, I wanted a RV fridge. That fact is one reason I discounted the Thor Super C's fairly quickly in my purchase matrix.

And in regards to the ISL9, I usually do subscribe to the Tim Allen "more power" mantra, but realistically my ISB does everything I need it to without fuss, and certainly better than my previous Ford E-450-based Class C. Towing my 2014 Ford Explorer Sport (approx 5K) with full fuel, water, supplies, and the DW and I, the setup weighed under 30K total at the CAT scale. And I got 10.8 MPG across relatively flat terrain at 70 mph. I would get 7 - 7.5 in my previous gasser towing a Ford Focus weighing over 1,500 lbs less. While more hilly terrain comes next month with a trip to New England, I suspect my hill performance won't be any worse than the gasser Class C was.
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #11

We were there last month,, which model did you get ? We looked at the model with bunk beds in the rear bedroom area.. it was priced at $199k,,, did they come down into the 160k range that others are posting here ?
Penguin1 is offline   Reply With Quote