Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #11
I bought a used 2006 Greyhawk GS last May. I used it for a hunting trip fro October. Thru end of Dec. Had problems with getting heat out of the vents. Checked to make sure everything was running properly. While looking at the vents, I noticed there was a layer of something similar to furnace filter fabric installed below the metal vent covers. I removed these and had full flow of heat coming from vents. I am thinking that the gauze type fabric was meant to keep debris from getting into the duct work by dealership. Once removed there was plenty of heat.
Prior to removing the filter type material, I could feel heat trying to come out of vents, but it was very restricted.
Is it essential to have the vents filtered in this manner? I don't know, but I needed the heat as temps were typically at freezing and we'll below.

steelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #12
We (dealership) will sometimes put a gauze material over (and sometimes under) the vents to keep any debris out while we are performing maintenance. Sounds like the techs just forgot to take them back off. There is no need to keep the vents filtered, at least I don't in my camper, but I vac them out twice a year too.

John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #13
I have seen where owners also do that to keep debris out even though it is not a good idea. I do the same as John and just vac out a couple times a year, as you found out it will restrict the air flow and the furnace will not opetrate properly.

PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote