Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2014, 08:04 AM   #1

Question Norcold 12xx reads "LO DC" ***ONLY*** when on LP

Greetings... 2015 JayCo Seneca 37TS. Norcold 12xx (four door) fridge (unit is at storage yard, so I don't know EXACTLY which model I have - it's four door with ice-maker). When on LP, I get a "LO DC" error code; HOWEVER, the fridge DOES cool and APPEARS to be operating correctly. When on AC, the error code isn't there. Does the AC/DC converter need to be ON when running the fridge on LP? Batteries are ~14.2, so good there. Many "blogs" I've read noted to check the voltage at the circuit board to ensure getting 12v, which I will do today.

2015 Seneca 37TS ("Screaming Eagle")
2009 Hummer H3 ("Ranger")
2005 Chevy 2500HD ("Max")
2008 MasterCraft X-15 ("One More Time")
WeylanBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:21 PM   #2

Did you ever get this figured out? I just picked up our '15 37TS yesterday and noticed the exact same thing today.
5woodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:26 AM   #3

You have to have your inverter on while on propane or you will get the error code. This inverter keeps the door from freezing. Just learned this on our recent trip. We also have the 2015 37TS. Hope this helps.
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #4

Had the same thing occur. Same fridge, 12 cu ft, 4 door w/ice maker. Noticed it after we pulled into the driveway after being on the road for 4+hours. My battery reading was 12.5 and everything was ok when I plugged into shore.
I'm confused about the invertor/convertor. Aren't my batteries charging while I am on the road? And therefore, the minimum amount of electricity being used by the fridge would be replaced.......??
Bertha is at Jayco dealer now with that as an item to be checked.
Any clarification would certainly be appreciated.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #5

D&M... ***PLEASE*** let me know what your Jayco dealer tells you. I was thinking this was a warranty item (I have ***FEW***, which is great). If, as firedog suggests, we need to run with the inverter on, that doesn't seem to make sense (maybe because of the SIZE of the fridge - I would think LP circuitry would run ON DC and not require an AC conversion). Don't know...

Old 11-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #6

Our units do run the fridge on LP and LP circuit however, there is a heating element built into the unit to stop fin freezing and I believe the main panel that need AC hence code. The code is not saying the unit isn't running proper its letting use know no AC for heating element. If you check after running fridge without inverter you more then likely will have fin freeze. Hope this all makes sense and helps.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #7

WB, I will let you know as soon as I have the info. As I said, I get confused with the inner workings of the 2 electrical systems....when they work on what.
Firedog.......that does make sense. But why would my battery reading drop to 12.5 in such a short period...4-5 hours all total on the road? And why wouldn't the batteries be charging while I am driving?
You're on to something here......help me understand from a beginners perspective.
Thank you
Roadmaster base plate
Old 11-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #8

D&MAKAFUN, not sure why battery reading was 12.5, I believe that the inverter has to be on during driving in order to keep house batteries charged. It's a best guess but I remember reading somewhere this might be the case. I am also new to the systems on the Seneca as our last rig just had the converter and never had to trouble shoot the systems as much as this unit. Still learning myself......
Old 11-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #9

Firedog, I believe you have the ducks lined up and in the right order. That all makes sense and when I get our rig from the dealer, I will have someone go over the step by step process. Thank you
Sure appreciate WeylanBryant airing this one.
Roadmaster base plate
Old 06-19-2015, 06:55 AM   #10

Thumbs up ***answered***

The local RV Repair Shop was able to determine that it was a FAULTY GROUND WIRE from the fridge. As soon as they REPLACED the ground wire, the fridge ran flawlessly and I no longer received the error message!

Old 06-19-2015, 06:58 AM   #11

Great news!

And it only took 6 months to fix it.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:31 AM   #12

I am very late to this tread and I would appreciate any assistance. I have a 2015FK and generally only run the refrig on AC (Shore or generator). Recently I used the LP and also noted the same issue. LP cooling yet the "lo dc" error. Other than the faulty ground wire did y'all determine if the inverter/converter needs to be on during operation. I seems odd that there are a few folks out there with the same issue, can they all be this faulty ground wire.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Don
dpg60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #13

Low DC power

Our dealer ran a heavier gauge wire ( 12 ga - I think ) from the converter ( under warranty ) and no problems for almost 3 years now and we don’t have the inverter on Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #14

I had a similar issue a few times... mostly happening after shutting down the House Power while in for warranty service. The Jensen unit would come back on, but just had a blank dark screen(it was lit up, just all black with a thin line at the bottom)

After two weeks at CW, They reported that Jayco wired mine a bit wacky in that the constant 12 power lead is connected to the Truck power (on all time) and the ignition sense (that is supposed to shut the unit off) was connected to the 12v circuit that powers the refrigerator. It was in for warranty repairs the week before - and when I got it, the Refer was always showing low power. Jayco has a TSB that they are having dealers fix where the voltage drop from the 12 fuse panel --to-- the refrigerator is not able to supply the right power to the fridge. Add that the radio was also connected - it was not getting enough power either.

Once they moved the Refer to a separate dedicated circuit, the radio issues went away. Since then... it has worked Ok for us!
Custom 27' flatbed trailer hauling:
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote