Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2016, 10:27 PM   #1

Norcold Refrigerator

Anyone looked into the AVP temperature control module to help prevent excessive boiler tube temps on these units ?
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #2

I am almost positive that this is a sentence in English..but I'll be darned if I know what you are saying.

Can you please elaborate a little for us RV newbies in the group? I am positive I don't have the answer, but I at least want to learn from what you are talking about and the answers that I know are coming ..
Old 08-13-2016, 07:38 AM   #3

On the AVP site they claim that one problem with the Norcold and Dometic refrigerators is when traveling or parked at a site if the refrigerator is sitting off level the liquid inside the sealed unit does not flow correctly it pools in the other parts of the tubing causing high boiler tube temps and metal fatigue due to the high temps thus a leak and possible fire from the hydrogen. This control has a probe that attaches to the boiler tube if temps get above a set point on the controller it shuts off the refrigerator until temperature of boiler tube returns to normal.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by che57vy View Post
On the AVP site they claim that one problem with the Norcold and Dometic refrigerators is when traveling or parked at a site if the refrigerator is sitting off level the liquid inside the sealed unit does not flow correctly it pools in the other parts of the tubing causing high boiler tube temps and metal fatigue due to the high temps thus a leak and possible fire from the hydrogen. This control has a probe that attaches to the boiler tube if temps get above a set point on the controller it shuts off the refrigerator until temperature of boiler tube returns to normal.
Yikes! Sounds dangerous! Thanks for clarifying that. Having the dang thing burst into flames is a lot worse than the door falling off, like happened to me!