Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2015, 09:28 AM   #1

Unhappy Not Having Fun Yet 9mos later !!!!

We are not having the time of our lives with our new unit 2015 Seneca HJ...It's been at the one place or at dealership more than we've been able to use it....We bought the unit in 2014 November they had it a week as they were suppose to be checking everything out. The drive stated it drove great, humm he must have had headphones on his whole trip from Indiana, We picked up the unit on a Saturday, had a rush overlook of unit, first trip out had rattles and generator would shut off while in transit, made an appointment took 2 weeks to get in, they had it almost that long, could not find anything wrong with generator, took unit out again same issues managed to write down the codes this time, another 2 week wait to get in for service, and now a few other issues are going on, took unit in, called a week later still had no idea about generator, suggest to make an appointment to have it checked out by Onan, okay made an appointment 1 week out, dealership did repair the closet door issues... mean while also had road noise issues with doors..... picked up and took it over to Freightline in Tulsa, found issues repairs were going to be made, called about the unit they said had to order parts, Onan appointment coming up, parts not at freightliner, had to pick up at Freightline take over to Onan in Catoosa for a day stay, could not duplicate the problem of shutting down while driving, driving in parking lot did not cause and issue, Okay did not have to pay there, picked it back up.....on a good note we did finally figure out why the generator would not run, husband changed oil, had a really small size filter on from factory, new filter much larger held more oil, even more than what is listed.... filled oil up had no problem what so ever after that! Back At Freightline 2-3 days more but did repair the issues, made a world of difference, they found holes in doors from I think the mirrors did not have rubber pieces in holes they also adjusted doors Yay !!!! But we had to pay them, but Jayco did reimburse the charges. Problem fixed ! Took Unit out again, wind noise gone, made noise behind door even louder, this was one of the issues on my list but for some reason was not written down for repairs, now while driving down these fine Oklahoma roads, I look back and notice the cab and unit look like it's not attached, OMG !!!! it's not !!!! when we hit bumps they are separating cab goes up unit might go down instead of all together ! Now that same noise that was there before either bolts sheered off, or what ever happened, but now one of the slide outs is also making that same noise I heard at first from behind the passenger side door.... plus now the rubbing of the cab and unit now scratching paint. Called dealership I was not Happy, they really should have someone to answer questions when you call, everyone was out that day, little girl answering phones could not ever give me the Jayco contact #...... Finally had a man call me back it just seems like they are doing me a favor repairing the unit they sold to us, It was not a nice conversation I am truly not happy at this point, they had no problem taking our money, but getting back in for service is truly a joke, two weeks out each time, he told my husband he was getting us in early as it was, when he ask when we needed it back, this is really the great part he told us to be realistic well, we are making the 1100+ payments on the unit that seems to be sitting in your yard more than it is ours !!!! And we just received the notice yesterday for another upcoming payment due LOL I'm not trying to be a smartbutt ....but really ! I feel like they want us to pay for it, but not use it. We traded a perfectly great 5th wheel in to get this, we had owned a Class C before I drove it all over the place, I would drive any where from 5000 to 3000 miles in the summers..... I'm scared to drive this one to the end of the street ! And the guys ask me why I'm scared, well I don't know, because maybe the unit is not attached you know the cab and back really should be attached to one another, I just assumed they are suppose to be attached while driving .....humm that's part of it ! Needless to say this has also traumatized our fur baby, she's looks like what is going to fall on me from all the noise...... the doors or draws come open at will, closet door was fixed but it's not now, same issue again and the doors slammed against the opening so it's scratched. So is anyone else having issues like this with their unit ????? I'm still waiting to have some fun almost 9 months later and 9 payments later !!! The last issues we will wait and see what is done to correct these but in all honestly we are not happy with Unit or Service, 2 weeks in 2 weeks for repairs, that's one payment each time. I have looked at taking it somewhere else for service this is ridiculous, once this has happened it is hard to recover from !!!!
groy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:40 AM   #2

Stories like yours are not surprising !!! Sorry to hear your story. Everytime I look around my MH I always find something wrong !!!
2012 Jayco Skylark (SOLD)
adaigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #3

As a fellow HJ owner I am extremely interested in what problems you have encountered. What did Freight Liner have to correct? The only thing I have is the wind whistle at highway speed from the passenger mirror. I have some issues to still work out such as low volume from main TV seems like the sound is locked in the box. Dora's your main TV play sound through your Jensen dash unit?
Old skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:06 PM   #4

Any chance that you can get to the factory service center in Middlebury Indiana? When the dealer had a 6 week waiting list, we just decided to make the 7 hour drive to the factory (after making an appointment with them).

Best decision we ever made... we made a four day vacation of it, and played tourist, while the factory fixed EVERYTHING! They have the parts, tools, and experts to do it right.

They have about the nicest folks we ever met there at the factory, and Lordy, those Amish restaurants! We shopped, ate ourselves silly, toured the RV museum, went to the Shipshawana Flea market, etc.

There is a nice KOA just up the road from the Factory Service Center, and a motel almost across the street.

Everything was fixed quickly, and they even took care of some things that we hadn't noticed.

All in all, a really good experience.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:13 PM   #5

Where was the separation at? I have a issue with the screws backing out under the moulding just behind the drivers door. I have tightend them up once but they just came out again.
Doormandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #6

Your service sounds a lot like my local Camper World! Sales is great at selling the unit but service can barely wash it. It takes two weeks to get it in and another week to get the oil changed. God forbid you have technical or major warranty repairs.
Cunning193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:35 PM   #7

Your service will only EVER be as good as your dealer. I am willing to bet Jayco is not aware of the seriousness of your case. Sorry to hear of your troubles. It is ridiculous to deal with this, given the cost of these coaches. Do yourself a favor. Call Jayco, and complain to them.....let them try to help with your problems. They may recommend a different service center to assess your problems.

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Any chance that you can get to the factory service center in Middlebury Indiana? When the dealer had a 6 week waiting list, we just decided to make the 7 hour drive to the factory (after making an appointment with them).

Best decision we ever made... we made a four day vacation of it, and played tourist, while the factory fixed EVERYTHING! They have the parts, tools, and experts to do it right.

They have about the nicest folks we ever met there at the factory, and Lordy, those Amish restaurants! We shopped, ate ourselves silly, toured the RV museum, went to the Shipshawana Flea market, etc.

There is a nice KOA just up the road from the Factory Service Center, and a motel almost across the street.

Everything was fixed quickly, and they even took care of some things that we hadn't noticed.

All in all, a really good experience.
And this!
Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:38 AM   #9

Hello DoormanDan, we have several separations going on, the molding under both doors the screws keep backing out, if not fixed this time, we will buy some locktite I think that's the way its spelled, comes in a tube and you just put it on the screw should keep it from backing out, this can be picked up at any auto parts store. Hope this helps !
Old 07-27-2015, 06:55 AM   #10

Noise from Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old skipper View Post
As a fellow HJ owner I am extremely interested in what problems you have encountered. What did Freight Liner have to correct? The only thing I have is the wind whistle at highway speed from the passenger mirror. I have some issues to still work out such as low volume from main TV seems like the sound is locked in the box. Dora's your main TV play sound through your Jensen dash unit?
Hello old skipper, apparently the mirror will have different bolt holes patterns for different types/size of mirrors, the plugs in our doors (both) were missing the plugs they put those in and fixed the whistling noise. They did however adjust both doors also, but were still hearing the noise so they checked and found out about the plugs. That problem was fixed. Hope this helps. Freightliner did charge us for the repairs but Jayco reimbursed us for the repairs just had to email the receipt of what Freightliner found and receipt for payment.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:07 AM   #11

Hello Cunning 193 Sorry to hear about your problems also, you know what I am talking about, 2 weeks is not what I want to hear. We've missed our vacation in June due to time table and issues.... I have already checked around for any other locations, we only have one in Tulsa where it's at now and then a Camper World in OKC area, which I have not heard good reviews on them either, so we are kind of stuck for now. If they do not get on the ball, we will not be a repeater customer. Thanks for your response !!!
Old 07-27-2015, 07:18 AM   #12

I'm thinking that when the time comes for me to upgrade to a MH, I will look elsewhere. Sounds like Jayco blames everyone but themselves. In fact, they chose all the suppliers and put their name on the unit.

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedown St. View Post
Your service will only EVER be as good as your dealer. I am willing to bet Jayco is not aware of the seriousness of your case. Sorry to hear of your troubles. It is ridiculous to deal with this, given the cost of these coaches. Do yourself a favor. Call Jayco, and complain to them.....let them try to help with your problems. They may recommend a different service center to assess your problems.
Hello Shakedown St. I understand what you are saying, there is no competition around for the dealership, so I am pretty much stuck, but did see the post from the Logans and that will be our next step, and a honest review of our experience for the dealership and then a call directly to Jayco. We paid a pretty penny for the unit and we are not happy with the service we are receiving. We could have bought out of state, but chose a local dealership.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #14

Thanks groy1999, I will check with the Freight Liner dealer.
Old skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:29 PM   #15

Take it back to the service center in Middlebury.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote