Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2015, 06:02 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Travasak from Camping World. Glorified sleeping bag with removable sheets for easy washing. Top and bottom of bag are different quilted weights creating a "summer" side and "winter" side.

Had one for years for cabover bunk in last Class C and moved it to our new unit. Spread it back out after waking up and bed is made!
LookS like 'Superbed' is the only game in town now for that type of solution. My girls would never share a queen setup so I'm looking at close to $600 for bedding !

Maybe if they ran a deal ....

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:26 AM   #12
Funny, I just bought a new Travasak at CW just weeks ago, along with another set of sheets for that one and the new one. Maybe they have a new source or plenty of New Old Stock. But it appears to be exactly like the one we have had for several years and used in our prior MH.

Speaking of RV Superbag, we also bought one of their bedspread bags for our master bedroom. We HATED the Jayco-supplied bedspread so we wanted something we could sleep in and leave on the bed. We are very happy we called to order, there are many options they can walk you through that you can't see online. We ended up going with same fabric both sides, extended skirt both sides, matching shams, and upgraded sheets. Cost $650, but the DW loves it. 30 seconds after getting up the bed can look perfect. And the bag goes with our decor very well. It appears to be put together very nicely and it is "Made in USA"!
Attached Thumbnails

Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #13
Like the enclosed bedding? Check Amazon for (1) sleeping bag liners, (2) travel sheets, or (3) silk sleep sacks (I used these in my hosteling days, very compact and weigh nothing). However, not so good if you like kicking-off the top covers.

Personally, because we use duvets at home, in the TT we purchase from Amazon very lightweight (dry fast in laundermat) and cost-effective sheet sets in brown or beige (don't show campground dirt as much) and bed clips to attach them to summer or winter comforters. Perfect!
"I just go where I'm towed to"

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71/4x4 Duramax
Son's 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 + gifted 1984 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #14
I think some answers are referring to regular bunks. For the overhead, we just throw sleeping bag up there
Greyhawk Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:09 AM   #15
I think there are two lines of thought on this subject emerging; costly, matching, perfect vs. quick, simple and affordable. Like anything else in RV's you can throw as much money at it as you desire to. We choose to 1. Protect the stock mattress padded sections and 2. have a child deployable system of sheets, blankets, etc. None of the sheets in our RV match. None are fitted to all the odd shaped RV stuff. It's your choice and that's the fun in it...
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:22 AM   #16
When our kids were small and using the overhead bed we have them two sleeping bags and they were good to go. It was more like camping.
CKinsella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:57 AM   #17
I think right now we're going the sleeping bag on a fitted sheet route up there. The kids are still small enough to sleep North/South on it for now. I really don't see them sharing a queen size RV Superbed, and $560 dollars for two twin configurations just seems obscene to me !!!
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:20 PM   #18
My wife just told me she puts a memory foam mattress up in the bunk and then puts the sheets on the memory foam. Still a hassle but much easier than putting the sheets on the mattress.
Howard & Deede and Two Schnoodles(Sargent & Pepper)
2015 Seneca RB
Howard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:02 PM   #19
I throw a sleeping bag up there. Let the kid deal with it. My rack gets sheets and an open sleeping bag for a blanket.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #20
Back when we had an RV with over head bunk for our kids we found these year round sleeping bags. Heavier side on top for winter, lighter weight on top for summer. No need for sheets, just unroll and toss it and a pillow up there and your done. The most important part of an RVRoadtreking : The RV Lifestyle Blog

2014 Jayco Seneca 37TS
2JayBirds is offline   Reply With Quote