Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2015, 06:38 AM   #41

Reaching rear valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra1967 View Post
I just bought and received the Viair 400p-rv compressor. It seems to work well although I can't reach the valve stem on the outer rear tires with the 45 degree tire
chuck that came with it. The valve stem is not movable and no matter what way I position the chuck it simply doesn't have the proper angle. I'm very disappointed because it says works on dual rear tires-but not on my Redhawk 31xl
Any suggestions?
I had this problem big time. The compressor kit should have come with a flexible hose that screws onto the valve stem. I use this to fill my rear facing valves and it works wonderful. I like it so much I have looked for a spare hose, but have not been able to find one even on the Viair website.

Chuck
Winter Park, FL
2015 26XD Redhawk
myflyertrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #42

Hey Chuck-
Yes it did come with a flexible hose. I can't get my fingers through the little opening to screw on the hose! Do you pop the hub caps off?

P.S I don't have man hands!! :-)
debra1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:15 PM   #43

Amazon has valve stem extensions for about $12 for two that work good. You would have to look at the style you need. Might be the easy route
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:17 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra1967 View Post
Hey Chuck-
Yes it did come with a flexible hose. I can't get my fingers through the little opening to screw on the hose! Do you pop the hub caps off?

P.S I don't have man hands!! :-)
Well smaller hands might be an advantage, but I remove the wheel covers. I have a large screw driver I pry them off with, and then use a big rubber hammer to put them back on. It works for me! I have found the gauge that came with kit to be very accurate, once you get used to using it. You lose just a tiny bit of air when you are unscrewing the flexible cable chuck.

I was surprised how low some of my tires were. On my Redhawk, the front tires are set to a different pressure than the rear, by the way.

Chuck
Winter Park, FL
2015 26xd Redhawk
myflyertrains is offline   Reply With Quote

« Greyhawk 31FK | Ems »