Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2017, 09:48 PM   #1
SJD

Positive note

We hear a lot of negative issues on this forum that I just wanted to add my 2 cents of positive to it. We just returned from a 6 week, 5k winter trip into Florida and Texas in our new 2017 37FS (picked it up in October) and all went well. We had no issues with the Freightliner chassis and motor, with 10-11mpg on the trip. The only issue we had with the coach itself is that I had to replace the outlet to the microwave. This excludes replacing the JBL radio with a Pioneer under warranty a week after we picked the coach up in October. This coach is such a plus to our 08 Coachmen Concord. It is easy to drive, more room in the bathroom, satellite dish to all tv's, and yes we like the tankless water heater. The heat pump works great to take the chill out of the air once the sun goes down. We had no issues with the Norcold fridge and having a ice make is a plus. I had heard so many horror stories about buying new and the issues that you have to work through that we almost did not buy. Glad we made the purchase. We had no leaks in the rain, no plumbing leaks, and TV's worked as they should. Don't get me wrong there are things that I want to tweek but not much. It was a pleasant trip and I would recommend the Seneca to anyone. Yes we had compliments and lookers in the RV resorts that we stayed in. That is my positive 2 cents.
SJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:26 PM   #2

Thanks for the info.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:35 AM   #3

Happy your trip went well and glad to hear the RV had no real issues. I just ordered a 37TS and it is reassuring to hear from a "happy camper". Thanks.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:30 AM   #4

Nice to hear this...hope to have the same experience with mine. Perhaps greater emphasis has been placed on QC since THOR Industries bought Jayco in Jul. Let's hope so.
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #5

We've had our motorhome since May 2016. We have traveled 10,000 miles in it with no issues at all. We are having our solar panel monitor replaced in a couple of weeks under warranty. We just went in it a couple of days ago. Hadn't started it in two months with sub-zero temps here, and it fired right up. We've had lots of snows and melts and see no leaks at all. We always feel sad when we hear of problems - I guess we're really spoiled, because we've never had any major things happen to any of our RVs.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #6

Love hearing the positive stories.

It's just a fact on the internet though, most people come to forums to complain, or get help with problems. Praising a (nearly) flawless product doesn't cross a lot of peoples minds.

I'm guilty of it too. I buy a dozen things a week on Amazon. 90% of my reviews are for products that totally failed my expectations.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #7

Glad to hear it...

Wish I was able to post something positive.... but I can't..... From "quality and workmanship" to "customer service" to my "local" dealer.... I just can't......
NativeTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD View Post
We hear a lot of negative issues on this forum that I just wanted to add my 2 cents of positive to it. We just returned from a 6 week, 5k winter trip into Florida and Texas in our new 2017 37FS (picked it up in October) and all went well. We had no issues with the Freightliner chassis and motor, with 10-11mpg on the trip. The only issue we had with the coach itself is that I had to replace the outlet to the microwave. This excludes replacing the JBL radio with a Pioneer under warranty a week after we picked the coach up in October. This coach is such a plus to our 08 Coachmen Concord. It is easy to drive, more room in the bathroom, satellite dish to all tv's, and yes we like the tankless water heater. The heat pump works great to take the chill out of the air once the sun goes down. We had no issues with the Norcold fridge and having a ice make is a plus. I had heard so many horror stories about buying new and the issues that you have to work through that we almost did not buy. Glad we made the purchase. We had no leaks in the rain, no plumbing leaks, and TV's worked as they should. Don't get me wrong there are things that I want to tweek but not much. It was a pleasant trip and I would recommend the Seneca to anyone. Yes we had compliments and lookers in the RV resorts that we stayed in. That is my positive 2 cents.
I think your experience is much more typical of most Jayco owners than the few issues we see online. It's interesting most the biggest complaints come from first time posters.. People don't look for someplace to post good comments, but always do to post bad comments.

Glad you had a great trip and may you have many many more in the future.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:57 PM   #9

Thanks for posting. On our second Jayco. Only because we wanted more space. Both have been flawless. No dealer visits to date...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:55 AM   #10

I agree. It is nice to see someone who is happy as a clam and not having any issues. You are correct, I came here searching for answers to many questions about my coach, especially dealing with quality. I have had so many things go wrong in a year that I believe should not happen whether the unit is driven 100 miles or 100,000 miles. I have had a little luck speaking with Jayco customer service, although they have certainly not been very happy about it. My "local" dealer, which is an hour and $50 Uber ride away is not very friendly or helpful. For instance, they just replaced a wiring harness that fell from under the dash and was crushed by the e-brake... However, now the auto leveler, auto steps, and tv think the ignition is on for about 15 minutes after I stop and will not work. I was told by the auto level people that it is hooked up incorrectly. I called and they told me it would be another charge to correct what they "fixed" in the first place because they only have a labor warranty for 30 days and I should have called before that (never mind that I didn't use it for the first 30 days). It seems they are in a hurry to get you past your warranty date and then do crappy work on top of it. I have MANY issues that are directly related to quality and workmanship.

BUT, I am happy that someone is ecstatic with the quality of their unit and happy with their choice of product!
NativeTexan is offline   Reply With Quote