Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2015, 05:47 AM   #1

Precept Captain Chairs don't work

I'm having a terrible time with the front seats. The electric seats work intermittently. Right now they don't work at all, but later today they will. The problem is always with both chairs at the same time, meaning it's never one chair works but the other doesn't. They either both work, or they're both dead.
Any Ideas where to start???

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #2

I had somewhat of the same problem with my Precept. Jayco had a recall on the wire location. If you look under the seat at the connection , if the seat is turned counter clockwise it will pull the connection apart. I did not waste my time at the dealer. I fixed the location of the wires myself and have not had any problems.
Hahndavid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #3

That is the warranty item; they send a harness to extend the wires so the don't bind when rotating the chairs. I have already taken care of that. This particular issue happens to both chairs simultaneously. Both chairs either work, or both do not.
Never one or the other.
Has to be something in the wiring before it splits of to one chair or the other.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:36 AM   #4

So......after a number of non-returned phone calls from the dealer, I decided to just call Jayco. Customer service, in a matter of seconds, determined that it could possibly be a 20amp self-resetting breaker coming off the battery directly to the chairs. They are sending me a new one for me to replace myself.
I have to hand it to Jayco; their customer service so far has been outstanding. You would think that the local dealer would be able to assess this just as easily...but what was I thinking......so far, Jayco Customer Support 2 THUMBS UP; again...

Old 04-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #5

Good to know.
Hahndavid1 is offline   Reply With Quote