Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2016, 08:56 AM   #1

Question Pressure at Kitchen SIGNIFICANTLY lower than other fixtures

Greetings... 2015 Jayco Seneca 37TS. Kitchen sink has SIGNIFICANTLY lower pressure than vanity sink, inside shower, outside shower, and toilet. No difference in pressure between pump and "city water", although the pump tends to fluctuate when using this fixture (only - other fixture have constant pump when drawing from tank). I've removed and cleaned the filters in the faucet head. From what I can see of the feed lines (which isn't a lot), they APPEAR to be okay (no kinks, breaks, etc...). I'm thinking it may be the mixer valve in the faucet. When we first bought the unit, the kitchen sink worked fine and has only degraded near the end of last season and this season. Anyone else have this challenge and, if so, what did you learn? I'm also thinking about upgrading the pump and installing an accumulator anyway, but want to make sure the fixture's working before I do any of that. Thanks in advance.

2015 Seneca 37TS ("Screaming Eagle")
2009 Hummer H3 ("Ranger")
2005 Chevy 2500HD ("Max")
2008 MasterCraft X-15 ("One More Time")
WeylanBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:02 AM   #2

There may be an in-line water filter connected that needs to be changed.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:05 AM   #3

If it is BOTH hot and cold water, I would suspect something inside the kitchen faucet.

However, is the kitchen part of a slide? Then look real carefully at the entire path for the hoses.

With the pump off and the pressure bled out, detach a line from the bottom of the kitchen faucet and direct it into a bucket as you turn on the pump. That'll tell you instantly if you have a supply problem or a faucet problem.

Reminder: Make sure BOTH valves on the kitchen faucet are off during this test or water will cross-feed and you'll have a rush of water from the open side of the faucet.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #4

If the faucet has an aerator on the end it probably has some junk in it restricting the flow. Easy way to check is with water off unscrew the aerator and see if it has caught any junk, then run the hot water side for a few seconds then the cold water to flush the line, also rinse the aerator by back flowing water from the faucet through it.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
If the faucet has an aerator on the end it probably has some junk in it restricting the flow. Easy way to check is with water off unscrew the aerator and see if it has caught any junk, then run the hot water side for a few seconds then the cold water to flush the line, also rinse the aerator by back flowing water from the faucet through it.
I had the exact issue you have. I unscrewed the aerator from the faucet and got great pressure. That is the easiest thing to check.
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #6

Quote:
The kitchen is part of the slide; HOWEVER, the sink is NOT part of the slide. To see the pipe run under the part of the kitchen that actually slides appears to be QUITE the challenge!! I'll see if I can remove a couple of panels and see behind the sink. Thanks!!

Old 09-13-2016, 03:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
There may be an in-line water filter connected that needs to be changed.
There's an inline filter, but it's on the "INPUT" side, not the delivery side. If there's one "downstream" of the pump, there's NO WAY (at least that I can find) to access it. I've already cleaned the pump's filter and replaced the cartridge filter. If it was one of those, I would expect ALL fixtures to be "lacking", but that's not the case. Thanks!!

Old 09-13-2016, 03:12 PM   #8

Quote:
I've done that as well... Removed, cleaned, KEPT OFF... All to no avail. Thanks!!

Old 09-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
If it is BOTH hot and cold water, I would suspect something inside the kitchen faucet.

However, is the kitchen part of a slide? Then look real carefully at the entire path for the hoses.

With the pump off and the pressure bled out, detach a line from the bottom of the kitchen faucet and direct it into a bucket as you turn on the pump. That'll tell you instantly if you have a supply problem or a faucet problem.

Reminder: Make sure BOTH valves on the kitchen faucet are off during this test or water will cross-feed and you'll have a rush of water from the open side of the faucet.
I'm going to try this... The other thing I'm going to try is to blowout the line a LITTLE more aggressively than I do when winterizing. Maybe there's an obstruction IN the tubing that the air will push through (or make worse!). Thanks!!

Old 09-14-2016, 09:12 AM   #10

We found the same water pressure loss issue at the kitchen sink, now we just live with it, cleaning the crud out of all the faucets helped each one, but not the kitchen, on our 2015 Greyhawk 29mv.
Other folks posted that replacing the faucet, fixed this problem, but the low flow is not a issue for us, actually saves a bit of water when boondocking.