Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #1

Put a deposit on a 31FK!

Ok, we went to look at a rig this past weekend, and we walked away for various reasons. However, we did see a 31FK that had just come in on trade for a Seneca. I had never seen this layout before..probably because I didn't think we wanted anything over 30'.

But low and behold, hubbs said he liked it, we talked about it, asked the dealer if they weren't going to budge on the price could they throw in some stuff. Sooooo...we got a call today, and put our deposit on it! They are putting a slide topper on, two max air vent covers and throwing in tire covers too!

We are nervous because we have only owned TT's and a pop up. This is a HUGE step up for us, but we are ready I THINK

Now, the only thing I DONT like is carpet in the bedroom. There's not much, but I don't want it there.

What are the chances of obtaining the same flooring as in the coach?
If that's not possible, what would you put in there?
And what is UNDER the carpet? Anyone know?

Everything else is just perfect...I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!

The bad part is driving a large camper through NYC to get it home...
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #2

Congrats! Welcome to the 31FK family.

AFAIK - the carpet goes under quite a bit. IIRC - it's there when you lift the tail end of the bed to access the electrical.

We aren't thrilled with it, but like you said it's a small amount and it adds a little warmth to the feet when getting up to use the bathroom on a winter evening.

I'll bet you could find a close match at just about any flooring store.

Watch your tail end when taking tight turns in NYC. The tail extends quite a bit past the rear wheels and it'll swing way out.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote