Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
WDW

Radio power draw

Wel we picked up our new Greyhawk 31FK today. Setting in the driveway and looking back at it we had that Oh.... Moment what have we done! LOL!!!

Seriously... We noticed the red led light around the button still on even after we turned the vehicle off. Any thoughts / experience Von extended power draws from the radio. So far we haven't found the operating manual to understand the features. Any on line links?

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
WDW

LOL in our driveway ....BUT SERIOUS QUESTIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Wel we picked up our new Greyhawk 31FK today. Setting in the driveway and looking back at it we had that Oh.... Moment what have we done! LOL!!!

Seriously... We noticed the red led light around the button still on even after we turned the vehicle off. Any thoughts / experience Von extended power draws from the radio. So far we haven't found the operating manual to understand the features. Any on line links?

Also any clue on the inverter and what out,et it powers? Nothing is labled. The woman doing the demo was nice but lacked some in depth knowledge? For example, does the house battery get charged off both the generator and the engine while driving?

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #3

The radio functions off both the chassis and coach battery. If you turn the battery disconnect off the radio should go off if the ignition is also off. It funtions that way so you can listen to it while parked and not deplete the chassis battery.

The invervter only runs the front TV and the coach battery charges off the engine as well as the converter while on shore power or with the geny running.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #4

Wdw

Enjoy your Greyhawk. The batteries, as Grumpy said, are both charged off of the engine and/or generator and being plugged in to a shore outlet. But the main thing to remember is that when you leave your motorhome for an extended period of time, say a couple of days, hit your battery cut off switch. This cuts off 99% of power draw on the batteries. In my 2013, this cut off switch is right by the steps so I can hit it just before closing the door. It also has a red light if on.

Me, Mrs., and Maggie
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote