Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #1

red DVD picture

I just traded my 2010 greyhawk SS for a new 2012 greyhawk FS. Trying to get all the bugs out. One thing that I haven't been able to figure out is when I put a DVD into the dash the picture that comes up on the monitor is great but on the TV's in the front and back the image is very dark and red fussy. I take it back to the dealer in the middle of Oct but would like the kids to be able to use it for the next 2 camping trips.
garysprague@rogers.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #2

this may be a dumb question, but is it with all DVD's ? We have some DVD's that act weird and are not playable in the front DVD. If it is on all DVD's there may be a problem with the dash unit. PErsonally I would handle this repair myself calling / emialing "Vinh" thorugh customer service. Changing the in dash unit will be easy.

We added a small Sony BluRay to the TV in the front which works better for us and the kids.
Little trick, you can play the audio only from the big TV through the coach sound system. Jayco fed the dash radio with an audio signal FROM the TV. You just need to set the TV audio out to "fixed" level from variable, so you can hear it properly.

On the road they use the TV with the Blu Ray disc player and TV set to variable. The wife and I can then use the dash radio, nav etc inpedepantly form the kids.
When watching movies while parked camping, we change and use the audio from the dash which sounds much better and can overcome the air conditioner rnoise
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote