Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2015, 08:38 AM   #21

It's pricey, but the reviews are great on it, and it seems well made. I got the dealer to add it for free before we closed the deal.

The link to their website is on this thread... there is a video of how it works, also.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #22

Okey Dokey... PDI is set for 10:00 AM Tuesday morning. Leaving plenty of time so any minor issues can be fixed right then.

Hopefully all will go well!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 11-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #23

Best of luck. Please let us know how it goes!!
Kayleys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:23 PM   #24

How did it go? Or isit tomorrow?
Charlene20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:49 PM   #25

Smile Best and Worst PDI ever....

Ok, for all of you who have been following this thread...

We did pick up the new unit on Tuesday morning, as was promised.

The technician did an outstanding job of the PDI (the poor guy, nobody told him that we would be using the rig this Sunday, so he de-winterized it for us). He then installed the water filter, and filled up the fresh water tank.

He had everything inside and out opened up for inspection, and everything running and/or working. He had already speed tested it for road worthiness, and noticed the driveshaft "hum"... hopefully a fix will be to the dealers in the next month.

He aired up all the tires to my specs' and installed the spare tire carrier, and mounted the spare on it.

I'm VERY picky, yet found nothing wrong with the unit. Even the sawdust and other detritus usually left behind the screw down panels was gone!

Amazing...

Now for the bad part... I had the stomach flu and was so sick that all I wanted was to get into bed. This morning was the first time out of bed (except for "necessarys'") since Tuesday. Good grief, brand new camper in the driveway, and I couldn't even go out and play!

Well, I'll report back when we see how it does on the trip to Florida!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 11-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #26

Sounds like an excellent dealer and a good PDI. Hope you'll feel like using it soon.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:46 PM   #27

Quick update.... Still at home trying to shake the remnants of the flu... yuk!

Only issues discovered are some squeaky drawers, and a small bit of water escaping from the water heater pressure relief valve (I think that that will settle in in time). Other than that all is good!

Design gripe... why in the heck did they remove the screen from the rear escape window? I'll need to try and find a way to put a screen in it.

Stay tuned!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 11-21-2015, 07:57 PM   #28
WDW

There was a thread on how to make or source a screen for that window. I recall reading it in Tate last 5 or 6 months.

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:20 AM   #29

We purchased a 2016 Redhawk 29XK in October. Just came back from week trip 200 mile round trip. Went well for first trip out. Large part of trip was Interstate.
Handling was very good. Found and corrected a water leak from shower. Water puddle next morning after taking shower. There were several workmanship issues that Camping World took care of before we went on the trip. After owning different TT for over 25 years, we are very pleased with our Redhawk. Traveling with our Boykin Spanniel was no issues at all. Looking forward to our next trip.
dyoung97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:11 AM   #30

The Logan's - does the Roadmaster spare tire mount have any provision for locking both the tire to the mount and the mount to the receiver or bumper? That is a costly add-on that should be secured. I looked at the video and think it is well designed. good luck with your new coach!

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #31

We just run a heavy duty cable lock through the wheel and around the bumper... nothings perfect, but by gosh if they want to steal it, they'll have to work at it. The wheel and tire weigh about 80 pounds, which is why the Roadmaster is so strongly built.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 11-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #32

All Righty Then...

Two days into the trip to Florida, and everything is good... everything is working fine, and the 26XD drives like a dream!! It doesn't wander at all, and the ride is smoooooth!

The dealer tech said that the 26 is Jayco's best balanced, best handling floor plan, and boy is he right! It just handles like a dream!

The thermostatically controlled roof vent fans are great, just set a temp, and they go on and off as needed. Really helps the dogs stay cool.

The automatic "rain dump" on the awning works as advertised, and the new digital TV antenna (that no longer has to be raised and lowered) is awesome.... got 25 channels out in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully we never have to use it, but the Roadmaster tire carrier is really great... solid as a rock!

So, sitting here with a view of Chimney Rock (North Carolina), and planning where to go next.

Stay tuned.....
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 11-27-2015, 08:25 PM   #33

I hope the Logans got to roll and that the sickness disappeared in time for planned trip!
Old 11-28-2015, 08:20 AM   #34

Glad your new Redhawk is performing so well. If it handled that nicely through the WV and NC mountains, it should be fine anyplace. Good to know the Roadmaster carrier is solid. I think there will one of those on our Greyhawk before next summer's travel season.

Hope you have a great trip.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:02 AM   #35

Hi all,

The 26XD is still performing great! No issues of any substance... We are noticing an increase in mileage (about 11 MPG), and going up-hill, there is only 1 downshift, and it stays at 2900 RPM all the way up the hill. I'm wondering if this 2016 E450 has a 6 speed tranny, it sure acts like it!

Whatever the reason, the extra mileage is great, and we've been paying as little as 1.63 a gallon... sweet.

The MaXXair reversible vent fans are the best money we ever spent!! Leaving them in thermostat mode really keeps the unit cool and fresh feeling when the temperature hits what we have it set at.

Having a mattress with normal (not radius) corner's is wonderful! No more custom sheets!

The Garmin 7" RV model GPS is performing exactly as advertised and we love the voice commands... it even dials the phone for us. It warns us if there are grades and curves that might be a challenge for a motorhome, and warns us if the lane we're in is going away.

Stay tuned....
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 11-30-2015, 09:39 PM   #36

Glad to hear things are going so well. Can't wait to get out in mine. Yall's is much more decked out than mine I do believe. I don't have a Garmin and not sure I need one. Heck mine didn't have a CD player but I solved that with a small portable so I can listen to books while traveling if I"m alone. Have fun and keep us posted!!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #37

Hiya,

We're currently at Country Oaks Campground, in Kingsland, Ga., One of our favorites! Oaks, Horses, and we just stepped out of the motorhome, and petted a little Nubian Goat.

We discover something new everyday... knew that there is an electric outlet under the dinette, but we DIDN'T know that it also has two USB charging ports in it!

Don't miss the fancy dash radio at all, great sound in the Ford radio, and easy to use! If we want to listen to a CD, we put it in the Blue-ray player, and the Garmin works better than the in-dash unit did, and has voice phone dialing included. Easy to use in any of our vehicles, also. Lifetime map and traffic updates were included also.

Now if I can just figure how to get wet leaves off the awning, all will be good....
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 12-01-2015, 10:08 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Hi all,

The 26XD is still performing great! No issues of any substance... We are noticing an increase in mileage (about 11 MPG), and going up-hill, there is only 1 downshift, and it stays at 2900 RPM all the way up the hill. I'm wondering if this 2016 E450 has a 6 speed tranny, it sure acts like it!

If you have a 2016 CHASSIS, than yes you have a 6 speed transmission.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:09 PM   #39

Well, two issues so far...

The microwave is making a grinding noise, and the FURRION TV HAS TO GO. Good grief, the thing is really bad! The sound is tinny sounding, and the picture is shaky.
It's poorly designed, very difficult to use the USB ports, as they are on the back of the TV, as opposed to on the side, as is usual.

Going to switch it out for a 32" Samsung Smart TV as soon as possible.

Everything else is still good.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 12-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #40

Well, 6 inches of rain here in Fort Lauderdale, and no leaks so far!

However, the microwave has started making a "squealing" sound when operating. Has anyone had that happen?

Thanks!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier