Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Well, 6 inches of rain here in Fort Lauderdale, and no leaks so far!

However, the microwave has started making a "squealing" sound when operating. Has anyone had that happen?

Thanks!
No leaks in that kind of rain is good.

Our microwave runs fine. No abnormal noises. At least that's a component which should be easy for the dealer to swap out.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #42

Maybe the rollers on the ring under the glass turntable? If you have those rollers, try a dab of vegetable oil on each for lube?

Charlie, Meg and Corky the Maltese Dog
2016 Redhawk 29XK "Corky's House"
Freeport, FL
corky111111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #43

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading from the 2005 Bigfoot that we use for road trips. A Larger Bigfoot or even an Airstream are on my list. Dropped in to our Jayco dealer yesterday and had a tour of the 26XD. Was really impressed.

My question is how do you handle sort trips into town or side trips with the 26XD? Now we just park our trailer and take off in the Tundra.

I know you could haul a Toad. Or pack up and take the whole unit to wherever. Any thoughts on this?

On Permanent site at Gillies Lake, Bruce Peninsula
LilBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigfoot View Post
My question is how do you handle sort trips into town or side trips with the 26XD? Now we just park our trailer and take off in the Tundra.

I know you could haul a Toad. Or pack up and take the whole unit to wherever. Any thoughts on this?
We normally stay in state parks. So far we've set up our itineraries to do the side trips on the way in or out of the park. Many parks have a small to medium sized camp store which carry camping and food items for those forgotten things. Some, like Myrtle Beach State Park, connect to the city's paved bike trails which allow biking to the grocery store, shopping and restaurants. And we can also pull our Shadow on a motorcycle trailer if we wish.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #45

Hi LilBigfoot,

We looked into a toad, but for us, it just wasn't practical. When we looked into it, The cost of buying another small car, with insurance, maintenance, purchasing the tow gear, etc., just didn't make monetary sense. In addition, parking, maneuvering in gas stations, and backing up was more of a hassle than we wanted to take on.

When we stay in State Parks, we walk and bike, and if we have an extended stay in a Commercial campground, Enterprise comes out and get us, if we need a rental.

We've yet to find a place that we needed or wanted to be that the 26XD didn't fit in, and the parking lots at attractions usually have RV parking.

How we handled the issue isn't right for everybody, but with our budget, and the way we travel, it's right for us.

Happy and safe camping!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:27 AM   #46

Sounds like you all are having a fun trip. I spent my first night out Saturday night. Small leak under kitchen sink found. TV was fine and some good football crossed the screen Microwave did fine as well. So far nothing major but it was a short trip. I did have a bad leak at the window behind sink when it rained at home but hasn't rained since for me to explore where/why. So I guess I need to think about a spare tire/carrier before I make my first real road trip?? Hope yall are moving on along with no more problems.
Charlene20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:53 AM   #47

Hi Charlene,

Window leaks in the frameless windows are extremely unusual! I hope that it isn't coming from somewhere else.

The leak under the sink is often just caused by a loose connection where the drain pipe meets the sink. It may just need to be hand tightened... not unusual for those connections to loosen up during the first trip.

Good luck, and camp safe and have fun!!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 12-07-2015, 08:05 AM   #48

and the new digital TV antenna (that no longer has to be raised and lowered) is awesome.... got 25 channels out in the middle of nowhere.

For the Logans,
I'm interested in this new antenna. Came you provide a name brand and etc???
Thanks.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #49

This is the antenna that came on r 2016 Redhawk 26XD..

KING Jack Antenna | KING
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 12-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #50

I'm not concerned about the leak under the sink. I could see it. However the window concerns me. I'm gonna get the water hose out tomorrow and see if I can duplicate it. I'm hoping I just didn't shut it tightly and we had quite a blowing storm. We'll see tomorrow. I will say that my picture on Saturday night camping was as crisp as if I were at home on cable. I was happy. Just not sure what I'm gonna do about ESPN on New Year's Day when the Ole Miss Rebels play
Old 01-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #51

I'm thinking I need to see about the spare tire mount that the Logans have. Anyone else have one? Just wondering Logans how it rides?
Old 01-05-2016, 09:29 PM   #52

My microwave in my redhawk is so quiet I can't even tell its running! Of course I still have no water running. Got to get to the shop now that the holidays are over. We camped in GA for 5 nights at a campground without running water and did fine. At least we had water outside and HEAT!!
Old 01-06-2016, 09:26 AM   #53

The tire carrier IS expensive, which is why I made it part of the deal. Having said that, it's built like a tank, and doesn't affect the handling at all. Remember, the 26XD has an overall length of only 28 feet, so I don't know how it might affect a longer unit.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier
Old 07-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #54

check out the camera that works in your rear view mirror only when in reverse. cannot turn it on when driving!!! The rear view mirror is useless on the 26XD. The rear window is off center and blocked by the old up mattress.
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:15 PM   #55

...fold up mattress.
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:11 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
check out the camera that works in your rear view mirror only when in reverse. cannot turn it on when driving!!! The rear view mirror is useless on the 26XD. The rear window is off center and blocked by the old up mattress.
What year Redhawk do you have? Our 2016 has a large video display where the mirror used to be, and it can be turned on at any time. Did the dealership cover how the camera worked before you made the purchase?

Even if you could see out the back window, all that you would see from the drivers set (which is lower down) is sky.

Our older Redhawk had the small screen in the mirror, and you're right, it WAS a pain!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Cairn Terrier